What does Shilintong look like?

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:52 am

Coin-leaved desmodium appears to refer to at least two plants: D. styracifolium, the one that seems to work, and at least one other, less-effective plant. Bah to providers of herbal remedies who do not use the proper scientific name on their product.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 11:53 am

I use a pill cutter and cut a pill in half. I crush up the 1/2 tablet and mix it with 1 syringe full (1 cc) of water. Then, I syringe feed it to her. She actually likes it, so it is not hard at all for me to give it to her this way. I do this twice daily (morning and night), so she gets one pill total a day.

I know others give it differently - sprinkling it on food, etc. Try doing a search on shilintong here at Guinea Lynx, and I bet you will find some different ways to adminster it.

Animalz_Rule14

Post   » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:01 pm

Thanks Stacy! I am buying these pills and lets pray they help him even if it is only a little bit. And a total bargin at only $3.99 for 100days supply! :O Although P&P is $6.99, $10.98 still a bargin compared to Metacam!

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:48 am

Well, I got a one sentence reply from Far East saying that "we still sell the pills like before." My order is on its way from the other store, so I will report back when I get it. I am keeping my fingers crossed for the brown pills.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:23 pm

Well, that was a worthless reply.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:32 pm

I got my order from MaxNature. They are the brown pills composed of desmodium styraciflium. Is this the right ingredient? They are in a different plastic bottle though with the name Kapok on the label. I threw away the box that came with my other brown pill, glass bottle shilintong and cannot compare.

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:11 am

I still have the box that I ordered 2yrs ago and the ingredients are:

Coin Leaved Desmodium.......19g+

I suggest you email Far East Ginseng, the company that I bought it from and ask them to confirm they are selling Shilintong with this ingredient and if so, buy it from them.

However, if Ledasmom research is correct it may be the same ingredient but who knows.

Ledasmom

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:13 am

Styracifolium appears to be the effective species.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:51 am

GP Lover, I tried e-mailing Far East and asking about the ingredients. I got a one sentence answer in jumbled English saying only that they sell the same pill like before. I also tried to call them yesterday, and the person answering the phone had no comprehension of what I was asking and could not answer my question.

Katrina
For the love of pigs!

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:57 am

MaxNature just switched to the plastic bottles, but it's the same brand and the same looking pill as what I got in the brown glass bottle before, so I think it's the same pills in a different package. I think I'm on my second plastic bottle and it seems to be working the same.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:02 pm

Thanks, Katrina. The pills look exactly the same and smell the same as the brown pill, glass bottle ones that Far East used to sell. I am thinking they are the same as well. I did e-mail MaxNature about the pills. I will let everyone know if/when I get a response.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Mar 20, 2008 5:21 pm

MaxNature e-mailed me back. The MaxNature rep stated that they are the same pills but now come in a plastic bottle. He said that the original manufacturer discontinued the brown pills in the glass bottles, and they are getting impossible to find. He tried to assure me that these pills are the same thing.