List of fruits and veggies?

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:25 pm

Radish greens are likely high in calcium (and maybe oxalic acid too) so they're good treats but not so much for regular food.

CodysMama

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:10 pm

The piggies enjoyed the radish greens, as well as the last of the random greens from last week's farmshare. We pick up the this week's produce tomorrow. We will all be eating well this summer.

BuddyMommy

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:29 pm

Here is my list for my piggy and what he gets every day:

Morning:
Top of a Bell pepper, Timothy Hay, Pellets, Chew toy

Afternoon: Little bit more hay, a baby carrot, the same chew toy.

Night: Little bit more hay, and a kiss good night.

Every other day I switch of a top of a Bell Pepper with a slice of green apple.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:04 pm

Lynx, I plan to put them in the garden. I hope I'm wrong about 4 months. They seem to be growing so slow. But they are not in dirt yet. I'm hoping to be able to feed the pigs mostly from the garden by fall, if we are still at this house.

I've planted parsley, celery, kale, chard, and some other green leafy things I can't remember. I also have basil, and some old, established oregano and thyme plants.

This celery seeded itself from a six pack of celery I bought over three years ago. They love celery leaves. Yum.

Baby celery in front:

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jun 10, 2008 10:33 pm

Once they get in the garden and their roots get established, they should be fine. They like nice hot sunny weather.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:37 am

Here are the baby sweet potatoes. I started another growing. I love the leaf color: red-purple. I have no idea if they will stay this way. I looked them up on google images and saw some green, some red-purple. Also, they really look similar to morning glory leaves.

Athena
Notorious P.I.G.

Post   » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:35 pm

Well, I still think they are slow-growing.

This one went in the ground two weeks ago. I was a little late getting it in and it had become kind of icky smooshy. I cleaned it up though and it seems to be living. It will be in full sun, but for now has slight protection from the sunflower above it. I put it there because we've been having super-hot days.

This one is in a different location and went in the ground just recently and right when it should have, before getting icky!

Image[/img]

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Tue Jul 08, 2008 6:31 pm

We have lots of peppers and tomatoes as well as a salad mix growing on the balcony. Piggies and kids sure love it all.