Snow peas?

Ledasmom

Post   » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:00 pm

I would not give a lot of tatsoi, as it's a brassica and potentially gassy, but some should be okay as long as your piggies don't have trouble with it. I tend to give small amounts of brassicas rather frequently, on the theory that they're less likely to have trouble with it if their digestive systems are used to it - I am not sure if that is valid, but my two don't seem to have problems with brassicas except for smelly gas. The smelly gas is, however, a problem for me.

PiggyPower

Post   » Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:40 pm

Thank you - it's just a "treat" as he hasn't had it before, he won't get it often - I'll make sure he only gets like 1 or 2 leaves of tatsoi (I dunno how well it's mixed through the salady thing)

EllieMom

Post   » Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:57 pm

I tried basil on my girls today. They were totally disgusted with it and with me. You would have thought I had tried to feed them snakes. They'd go up to it, smell it, squeak, and run as far away as they could get from it. After trying to overcome their disgust a few times and giving me the evil eye, they all huddled together on the far side of the cage and wheeked softly in their misery. It was a really funny torture session.

Bethie
Still supporting in 2014

Post   » Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:03 am

EllieMom, our boys are like that with cilantro. It's so funny. How dare we poison the food dish!