Hayrack Warning - Stuck Pig

Jennicat

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 1:39 pm

Amy - that's the scary part, she wasn't making a sound. When he found her, she'd managed to get it unhooked off the top of the grid wall, and then managed to get it caught on ANOTHER wall, and then flipped herself upside down and was pinned underneath it.

And her silly big doofus boyfriend (she's spayed) was sitting there eating pellets like his girlfriend hadn't just gotten stuck inside a hayrack. It was pretty unusual, because normally my other two fosters, the screamy baby boars, raise hell every time anything moves in the pig room. I guess they were scared too.

On the other hand, if anyone wants to adopt a sweet crested sow who likes getting into trouble, and her oblivious orange and white boyfriend, they are available through our rescue. ;)

Lynx - add away! I went back to Walmart today, and these are the "Mainstays" brand, which are Walmart's brand.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:06 pm

So glad to hear Sadie is alright. And thanks for the warning!

magicmoo

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:19 pm

I love it that her husband was nonchalont.

"Honeeeeeeeeey? Stop messing around and come eat?"

bandi09

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:23 pm

Poor little girl. She doesn't look too scared in the pictures. Hopefully she didn't give the babies any ideas. Glad she is okay.

Fourboys4now

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:26 pm

I was shocked when I pulled up the first picture of her stuck. I can't believe her head went thru. I'm glad she's okay and thanks for sharing the pictures and warning for the rest of us. I would have really freaked out if I walked in my living room and saw one of my boys stuck like that.

zookeeper
Even Booze Hags Give

Post   » Sun Apr 27, 2008 10:05 pm

I had the same thing happen to Mama-San once years ago. When I got home from work and found her laying in a really odd position under the hayrack, I thought she had died of old age. But when I tried to pick up the little "corpse" for burial I figured out what was going on!

Fortunately she was fine once I got her cut loose.

Cavespringpiggie

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:18 am

Poor Sadie, there is a reason she grew so big, nothing can stop her from getting her nibbles. And I am not surprised that Chester ignored the whole thing! His nose would never fit in those holes.

Trick

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:10 am

Yikes, I'm be measuring all the grids in my hayracks now!

Thank you for the warning, good to see Sadie is okay - I can't believe she was still straining for hay! Hah, sounds like one of the girlie pigs.

Serena
It started with Louie...

Post   » Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:14 am

I've heard of that happening before but now seeing a picture to go with the experience is very frightening. I'm so glad everything turned out well in the end.

babygirl

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:53 am

Thank goodness she is OK.

What a cutie!

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 10:58 am

Goodness! I'm glad he found her when he did!

Jennicat

Post   » Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:02 am

Cavespring, she is a funny funny pig. In the morning, waiting for veggies, she chews and chews and chews the bars. Her experience has left her not at all wary of small spaces. ;) Chester is a doll, but you're right, his giant schnoz would never pose a problem for a hole that size!