New Oxbow Stuff

ellenvega
Skol Pigs!

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:17 pm

Well, the Daily C is a hit here, I was worried because Dixie was such a Critterberry addict.

The first time I fed them they dropped the pellet in disgust, but now eagerly await them every evening.

I think I'll pass on the other treats. The Daily C is expensive enough.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:52 pm

Timothy Treats ingredients at the Oxbow web site.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:56 pm

How did you get them to eat the new vit c?

Mine are running from them or spitting it out. And they loved all the past incarnations. I got a bag of the timothy treats but it is hit or miss.

MaiKeth

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:30 pm

The Timothy treats might be good but i also was going to try the Veggie ones until i looked at the ingredients.

------

Simple Rewards Veggie Treats

http://www.oxbowanimalhealth.com/produc ... bject=1690

Ingredients

Barley Flour, Alfalfa Meal, Rolled Oats, Molasses, Canola Oil (naturally preserved with mixed tocopherols and lecithin), Dried Carrots, Dried Potatoes, Dried Cabbage, Dried Red Peppers, Dried Green Peppers, Flax Seed Meal, Kelp, Garlic Powder, Brewers Yeast, Yucca Schidigera.

Guaranteed Analysis

* Crude Protein min 12.00%
* Crude Fat min 3.00%
* Crude Fiber max 10.00%
* Moisture max 10.00%

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:41 pm

They have dried potatoes in them too.

MaiKeth

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:45 pm

Yes, i missed that too. What were they thinking with these treats?

somechick

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2009 3:11 pm

None of the new treats are really a hit here. I tried to make the pigs think that the strawberries were critterberries but they were on to me. They knew I was up to no good. They just sniff at it and continue to bite the bars for The Real Thing.

I'm trying not to give critterberries every day since the supply it finite at this point. I need a treat the pigs actually like! And ditto to whoever said earlier that they don't actually feed real strawberry or banana that often, my pigs don't like them either.

jedifreac

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:24 pm

Drat. I have a bag of those treats that I got for free at the Pet Expo. Guess I can't use them after all.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:34 pm

They can be fed to other small animals like rats, mice, hamsters, etc. They are not just for guinea pigs but for any small critter.

jedifreac

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:29 pm

Do you think they'd work for rabbits?

merrie

Post   » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:28 am

My bun will eat the strawberry treats. The pigs are not really into them.

I finally ran out of my stock of old formula Vitamin C, and I was dreading trying the new stuff. Since I personally hate pineapple, and the pigs have never had anything even remotely pineapple flavored, I thought they would rebel. It took me such a long time to get them to eat the old Vitamin C as it was! I really thought I was in for the battle of a lifetime.

I gingerly extended half a tablet to each of my two pigs and my foster pigs, fearing the worst....

All four gobbled it up immediately. They love them.

Whatever.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:54 am

IMO they are not any worse than any of the other treats out there for rabbits and may actually be a bit better than most commercial treats. My rats, the gerbils, mice, and hamsters like them as well. Fed sparingly (1-2 a day as a treat) should be alright.

IMO, the ingredients seem better formulated for the smaller rodents that are omnivorous than for the more herbivorous pets.