New Oxbow Stuff

sef1268

Post   » Fri May 30, 2008 11:47 pm

Does anyone know anything about the new "organic" pellet Oxbow will be releasing? I couldn't get any info from their customer service folks (typical) other than "keep checking our website for details." Thanks. Not really interested in it for myself, because I'm sticking with Kleenmama, but just curious what the ingredients will be.

rshevin

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 12:15 am

Ingredients are listed over in the reference forum as the most recent addendum to the food thread.

sef1268

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 9:33 pm

How was this info obtained? It's interesting, because I had contacted Oxbow last week for a nutritional analysis of their new pellet, and was told that the info wasn't available yet. Direct quote from the customer service rep was, "I don't know yet how much sodium will be in the new product. All I can say, is that we'll publish it on our website as soon as it's available." ?

rshevin

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 10:36 pm

Well, if you look back to how this thread started, I asked and asked and asked and no one even seemed to notice so I have no idea. Maybe email Alice?

sef1268

Post   » Sat May 31, 2008 11:42 pm

I could do that, I suppose. It's just curious, because the Oxbow person I spoke with didn't seem to know much about this particular product. She said, "Well, we are coming out with an organic pellet, but it's still somewhat down the road." I'd really be interested to hear how Alice got an ingredients list.

gotcavies
Supporter in '15

Post   » Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:00 pm

I can ask at the pet store I go to if they can order these tunnels. They carry oxbow products. This way, if people are interested, I can purchase and ship them.

I bet the rabbit sized is too small for Mule Adams. Just his back feets are as long as a guinea pig. (english lop)

sef1268

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:08 am

Well, here is the response I got back from Oxbow yesterday:

Dear Sandra,

Thank you for contacting Oxbow with your question about the Guinea Pig Pro Pellet. This pellet in currently only available to our international customers, it is mainly being sold in Germany. Currently it is not available domestically.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Ashley Lewis
Quality Assurance Coordinator
Oxbow Animal Health
29012 Mill Road
Murdock, NE 68407
ph. (800) 249-0366 ext. 102
fax (402) 867-3222
alewis@oxbowanimalhealth.com
www.oxbowanimalhealth.com

Jasmaya

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:22 am

If anyone is still not able to get these locally, they can be bought online from http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=6067+10434+18914&pcatid=18914

I just placed an order for the lounger and the tunnel.

Aertyn

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:39 am

Just a note for the Aussies on here about the Timothy Hay Tunnels I contacted Jenn (Aussie Oxbow Hay supplier) and she's hopeful of having them around the end of the year so yay!

Leb
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 10:24 am

I just ordered the tunnel.
http://www.thebunnybasics.com/products/2227.html

And the large bungalow.
http://www.thebunnybasics.com/products/2228.html

It is slightly cheaper on this website $9.99 for the tunnel and $21.95 for the large bungalow.

Stacy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:06 pm

Little Bit and Izzy are looking forward to the tunnel they won in the GL auction. It should arrive at the end of this week. Pictures will be forthcoming.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:48 pm

That's weird about the pellets.

BDM+Ps Mom
OH MY!

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:55 pm

Update:

Well, after about a week of the pigs having the bungalow, it has developed mold. :(
I noticed that it was getting peed in frequently, so I would take it out at night to air dry, but this wasn't enough to halt the development of mold.

I'm not even sure if this is cleanable. I was thinking to soak it in a vinegar/water solution and then blowdry it. Not sure if it's worth it, though.

somechick

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:04 pm

I don't know if it's fixable or not, but even if it was, I'd toss anything with mold on it.

Sef - was there a follow up? Why only sold in Germany? Are the rest of us not deserving!? :)

Feylin

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:51 pm

Probably because it was easier to get through regulations in Germany first? Or maybe they are testing it in one place?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Things with bottoms get pretty yukky. I used to get grassy hutches (4 walls and a ceiling - no floor) and the pigs chewed them to pieces, but they never got moldy or yukky.

BDM+Ps Mom
OH MY!

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:32 pm

That gave me an idea, snowflakey!

I'm going to cut out the whole bottom so the girls can continue to chew it. The mold is in a small part in the bottom, so I should be able to cut it out and a large section around it to make it safe again.

linda_chicha
For Pigs' Sake

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:49 pm

WOOT! Thanks for the tip, Aertyn. Did you ask what price range it will sell at?

Aertyn

Post   » Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:57 pm

No, forgot that part...but considering the mark-up on the hay + pellets probably more than the people in the US pay for *sighs*

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:10 am

How much do you pay for 10lb bag of pellets?

135 posts