I've Gotta Secret

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:26 pm

VP, your piggies are so cute, too!!!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok, here's a question. Now that the girls have been here for a few days, I'm not sure if I like the names for the youngest two. I think Josie & Abbey's name fit them but not too sure about Jetta and Halo. I like Raven for Jetta but not sure about Halo's name. Hmm? What do ya'll think??

LorVoll

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:04 pm

Remember the old cartoon of "Josie and the Pussycats"? The names of the Pussycats were Melody and Valerie. What'cha think?!

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Well, after discussing the names w/ the children, we've decided to leave everyone's name as they are.

Tonight has been interesting, we did intros w/ the 4 girls w/ 4 of the herd-Rascal, Piper, Luna & Roxie. Let me tell ya something, it's like OH vs AZ downstairs. Rascal and Abbey are the two trying to dominate. So far, just some teeth chattering and hair pulling. Oh! Rascal's been humping everyone (or trying, some girls are just too fast for him-Jetta for one). Intros suck! But at least, I got poor Hunny out of the tiny quarantine cage.

And I forgot to ask, how does one comb a peruvians hair so that it actually looks decent and not that they just rolled out of bed???

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:45 pm

I had to laugh, not looking like just rolled out of bed.

Cotton I keep buzzed in the summer months, she appreciates it to with popping. Bangs I try to keep trimmed back as well. During winter a tiny bit of conditioner helps. Of course daily brushing also.

P.s. it's those electric sockets you got to watch out for with them :P
Last edited by WindeSpirit on Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kermie831

Post   » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:47 pm

haha you are funny Jenn.

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Thu Jul 10, 2008 10:00 pm

I think my house is closed too...:-(

My husband just can't take another one dying...he really loves the girls..I hear him in there talking to them alot!...I really really really want to adopt one more from CC...especially since I see one that is calling to me!!....I'm trying to resist!!!

All the remaining 5 girls are probably between 3-4 years old...I'm not sure about the three that I got last september....But, I do know that they had a previous owner who could no longer care for them....

JennG
In Memory of Mama

Post   » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:01 pm

As hard as the deaths are on us, (& it is on me & my kids) I know that the ones w/ me are going to get a really good life! I remember when my favorite girl, Mama, passed away I went into a mourning. I was at 5 girls for over a year. And many times, I thought that I would never get anymore piggies. At when I was at my lowest, I considered rehoming a few of them but something always stopped me from following through and I'm so glad. I made it out of my guinea pig depression and I've added 13 piggies just in the past year! OMG! Lorvoll emailed me over a year ago about Lily (my first himi girl) and that's when I met Kermie and she "talked" me into adopting Patches from her. I wasn't going to get anymore but then Kermie had me pigsit 2 of her boys and a rescue piggie who is now named Puddin. Oh my!
But of course, Kermie had to move shortly after to freakin NJ!!! But I just love my piggies and I'm glad that I still have them in my life.