Boars Behaving Badly

Winnie the Pooh

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:46 pm

And to think: I have NEVER smelled boar skank!

Lynx, I think that would be boar "stank", not "skank". :D

Freudian slip, I believe.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:56 pm

Oh, I said it on purpose :-)

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:08 pm

Rotten potatoes smell better, but it's definitely on the right track.

Feylin

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Fred would like to know just who you are calling a skank, Lynx.

Fred would also like to invite Matilda to his place for a little snack. Of course, he's already waiting on the bed but that does not mean he has anything but the most pure snack sharing intentions. Oh, no.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:16 pm

Aw, Fred is so cute. I bet he's only a skink not a skank.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:18 pm

Naw, Fred isn't a skink. He doesn't look like a lizard. An eggplant maybe, but not a lizard.

sef1268

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:53 pm

Fred is soooo handsome. Wouldn't he like to come stay with his auntie sef in Indiana? Hmmm?

Feylin

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:04 pm

If you have tasty foods to eat, he would. He says he is not shaped like an eggplant at ALL! He prefers to be shaped like a squash- all of him is just as round and plump. He needs to keep a constant eye on his figure you know.;)

sef1268

Post   » Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:05 pm

I do! And lots of buddies here that he could play with and/or be aggravated with. ;)

He is a doll.

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 1:01 am

How generous of him to share his tasty foodies!

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:45 am

I introduced Oliver and Percy tonight/this morning. So far so good, they're working things out as I type. I see what you all are talking about when it comes to boar stink. Pew! I don't remember that when we introduced Oliver and Twizzler.

There's been lots of rumble-strutting and attempts at mounting, other than that they're getting along very well. Oliver really needed a friend again. I can see it in his eyes (even while he's rumbling around Percy) that he's so happy to have another GP to talk to and play with.

Thank you so much for this thread, Feylin! It's been an excellent reference point for much of what's going on right now. Back to the piggies, will update later.

Quick edit: They're popcorning around the pen together, wheeking away! ^_^

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:52 am

Before anyone gets all upset with me breaking quarantine. I didn't want to intro them this soon. In fact I wouldn't have if my mother hadn't put them together earlier today while I was at work. -.- We had a chat about the possible implications of broken quarantine, now she understands. I would've left them separate for the rest of quarantine, but once Oliver found out there was another pig in the house he wanted to be with him and was acting lethargic until I put them back together in the intro pen.

Maria1986

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:15 am

I could be tempting fate by posting this.

I have never smelt stinky boar butt type smells. Is this because I have a considerate pig who is happy with just farting in my face, or because he has no nuts and therefore does not need to prove to anyone how big they are?

He does the butt dragging thing sometimes, although less so now he is over a yr old. He loves to rumble around the cage, until the girls put him in his place and he runs and hides from them. So he does try to be the big man and show the girls who is boss, but there is no stink.

I suppose I should be pleased rather than questioning it!

salana
GL is Just Peachy

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:21 am

The really foul stink is produced by the testicles. Boars who have been neutered just smell vaguely stinky in a poopy sort of way.

HazelNut

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:39 am

I must just be broken. Cages were cleaned, butts were dragged, and still no trace of this uber stank.

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:08 am

Broken? Or Thankful?

Matilda told me to tell Fred she'd love to come over and share some pellets, but that she's bringing her own grids and that me or you Feylin must develop some sort of pully system to allow for the love fest to be safe!

Seeing as it's a Demi/Ashton thing, she doesn't want to cause a tabloid stir up in the guinea pig world!

HazelNut

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:54 am

Thankful to be broken will work. But then paranoia kicks in and makes me worry that the boys are broken.

Winnie the Pooh

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:43 pm

HazelNut- Don't give up hope just yet! :) I had a combination of boys for over three years and had never smelled boar stink until the past month. Three years of fresh air and then ... Bam!! The smell hit me like a wall. It came out of nowhere. As soon as I smelled it, I knew it was what Feylin had been describing all along.

Maria1986

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:59 pm

Woo! I will be thankful for NutNut's lack of nuts(and stink)!

Thanks Salana, I can now relax in the knowledge that Nut will never produce anything worse smelling than his farts!

Stomphoof

Post   » Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:48 pm

This thread is going places.

Hopefully my boars will not behave badly if and when I add a 3rd.

I HOPE

983 posts