Boars Behaving Badly

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:56 pm

I had the privacy setting problem too.

For a while Linus would always do the inside out bum thing at Robin, under his Windespirit hay hammock. Then he would be all irritable for the next few days, until I realized he had hay stuck up his bum, and cleaned it out.

I think he's either grown up a bit , or knows better now. :) He doesn't do it anymore.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Mar 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Whoa! I just read Lynx's statement really fast and thought, "Holy crap, why is Facebook saying I'm pregnant?!"

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 11:59 am

Well, the signs are showing that Tea and Kiba are growing up.

They're started mounting the big pigs head instead of letting themselves be intimidated, which has resulted in some pretty epic head-butting from Mimic who is quite skilled, despite feeling off-colour, in flipping other pigs off (or over backwards in this case).

The Two Tiny Terrors seem to be encouraging each other in their hormonal challenges. Last night I was cleaning out the hay area, rolling up the newspaper. Tea, egged on by Kiba squealing and popcorning, jumped on top of the newspaper roll and began to rumblestrut into my hand.

I tried to encourage him to get off by tapping him on the rump (it works on the big pigs!) and found my hand being thumped against by a very determined Tea-pig!

Sidera17

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 8:43 pm

Good idea: Floor time
Bad idea: With my pigs.

They were in a humping mood tonight. After everybody humped the crap out of each other, they were so exhausted that they laid down on the floor. (Except for Spike, who's so huge he has vast reserves of energy). Ah...... they're finally resting, I thought.

Two seconds later, I hear a squeal. Chex runs by with the whole stem of parsley in his mouth, chased by Spike and Riley, who are both fighting over who gets to hump Chex first. And as Spike runs, he is pooping a trail. And they ran through the ENTIRE kitchen.

Holy hell in a handbasket.

sammianne

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:26 pm

Is it bad that I am laughing like crazy because I can totally picture that in my head?

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:42 pm

*snort* :) I feel for you Sidera!

AldenM1
Supporter in '16

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:35 pm

I LOLed too. That was a beautiful mental picture.

TexCavy

Post   » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:47 pm

Sidera, awesome mental picture. I am sure I'd be half dead from laughter if there was a video of that. heheh

WildRye

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:12 am

Well, I haven't posted in this thread before because my two adolescent boys get along tolerably well (minus some head mounting and lots and lots of rumbling). But tonight darling Chuckie definitely suits the title -- what a stinker.

I decided to hold some floor time in my bedroom instead of the living room. Had a nice big plate of veggies, lots of hidies, and towels lining most every inch of carpet. Things were going well (if you don't count the massive amount of butt dragging) until Chuck discovered he could get under the bed. What a fiasco. After three times of him coming out and going back under, I finally caught him. Then he had the audacity to rumble at me! Multiple times! Guess I should have known better than to interrupt his fun. He's been giving me stink eye ever since I put him back in the cage.

Here's Mr. Crabpants himself:

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:18 am

How cute, Wildrye!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 8:20 am

He's so cute.

Guess what I discovered on my Robin Piggies nose this morning. Boar Glue!

This from my lap-piggy who's been on metacam and bene-bac because he was loosing weight, maybe from a small tooth spur. My little submissive pig who will squeak happily in your lap for a half hour.

Well I'd say from his weight today and what I found on his nose he's feeling better.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:05 am

He is adorable, WildRye!

GPT

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:42 am

Well, if your getting sick of Chuckie, you could always send him to me? :P

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:10 pm

Chuckie is so handsome!

I think it must be the warmer temperatures. Maybe my boys are getting spring fever. o_O I just wish they didn't have spring fever all over the rug and the floor. My mom is going to kill me.

WildRye

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:15 pm

GPT -- His poor buddy Ned might have to take you up on that. ;)

Just kidding. Chuckie's such a funny little guy -- I don't think I could part with him.

rpaws

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 3:40 pm

Sidera17,
Oh I would so pay to see a video of that. Spike has got to be talented to be able to poop a trail while running to try and hump a poor Chex. I would have thought Chex would be the one to leave the poop trail. Glad he was able to run with the parsley in his mouth. If he made it to safety he enjoyed it.

WildRye,
Mr. Crabpants is absolutely adorable even giving the stinkeye.

Mapleowl18,
Congratulations. Your little piggie must be feeling alot better to be doing that.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:08 pm

Sorry for the delayed update, it's been a busy month. Those of you following the saga of my pigs will remember that almost a month ago I was planning to introduce our newest pig, Hercules to our cranky old man pig Hermes. We finally did that at the end of February.

Hercules was pretty excited about the idea and couldn't wait to get out of his crappy, old, borrowed cage go see Hermes:
Marble (left) had heard rumors about a new neighbor and was chatting with Hermes about it:
Hercules: "You mean I get to meet him face-to-face this time? Do you think he'll like me?"

There was rumbling, there was some chasing and lots of humping.
Fast forward about an hour later to this:
Hermes was clearly exhausted by the whole experience and needed a nap. Hanging out with teenagers can have that affect on people.

After more floortime when Hercules met the neighbors (through the grids) and I cleaned the cage, the boys settled down to a peace-snack of KM's bluegrass. Hercules was pretty happy with the whole situation:

The H Boys as my spouse now calls them, live quite contentedly together. If we take one out of the cage without the other for too long they call out to each other. They sleep near each other. There are still occasional episodes of humping and daily amounts of rumbling, but all-in-all it's worked out well.

Thanks for the support, everyone!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 4:11 pm

I'm glad everything worked out. They are precious Brimstone!

JaneDoe

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 4:23 am

Yes, they are.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Brimstone, they are such gorgeous boys. I'm glad things worked out for them so well. They're going on my pignap list too heh.

983 posts