Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

PinkRufus
Contributor in 2020

Post   » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:11 am

That cage should work fine. Several people on this board use those and are happy with them.

mary87

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 am

I have 2 young piggies 2 days ago. I put them in a wire cage 30cmx20cm. I've realized that it's too small. I read in this forum about wire grid. I tend to build a much more larger cage inside my house. All people here seems to know where to find wire grid in USA. But how about in Indonesia? What store sell it? Can I buy it online? Would someone tell me please...

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:18 am

Not sure about grids there but do you have home improvement stores? You can usually find shelving units as an alternative.

http://www.guineapigcages.com/photos/sh ... hp/cat/539

lisam

Post   » Fri Jan 14, 2011 7:54 pm

I was disappointed today to see that Fred Meyer has raised the price of their grids. It's now $30 for a 4 cube box. Add $20 plus some for the coroplast and you are now paying over $50 for a C&C Cage.

I believe the main reason my adopters make their C&C cages are because it's been cheaper. They would prefer the store bought cages but I won't adopt to them if they don't have a C&C or equivalent.

I miss the $15 Target boxes.

rmeniteowl

Post   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:17 am

Lisam--do you have a Kmart near you? Their grids are the correct size and are around $20.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Sat Jan 15, 2011 9:03 am

Yes, plus KMart gives you 6 cubes for the $20.00, not 4.

GuineaKidsMomma

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:24 am

My husband and I have decided to finally switch to a C&C cage, but I'm unsure of where to go for the grids. I live in the Salt Lake area, if that helps anyone know what advice to give. What are the grids at KMart called? I tried to search their store online, but couldn't find anything. If you know of where I can get coroplast in the area, too, that would be awesome!

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:16 pm

I know the box has the word "Stor" on it, I'm not sure if that's the name though. If you go to a Kmart they'll either be with the storage containers or with the bathroom storage and racks. Weird but I've seen them both places at different times.

megaggie2002

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:01 pm

I believe bed, bath, and beyond has them, correct?

Do you have those in Salt Lake?

rshevin

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:08 pm

BB&B is hit or miss. They always have a space for them in the shelf, but they never seem to actually be in stock. Kmart seems more reliable (if you can find a Kmart these days), but I couldn't find them online either.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:15 pm

GuineaKidsMomma

Post   » Mon Jan 24, 2011 11:05 pm

Ooh, sweet! Thanks! I'll be near a KMart tomorrow, so I'll look for it. I love how none of the reviews are from people using the cubes for storage, lol.