Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

Duchess8799

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:32 am

Thanks, guys. I just emailed my parents about it. I don't think they bought any grids recently, but just in case...

becksters
Two Time Supporter

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:17 am

I suppose I'm wondering what happens if they stop making 9x9 grids all together - would you be able to use the 8x8 ones and just make the coroplast walls higher then 6 inches?

Just thinking long term about it and curious.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:05 pm

There are other companies that make grids though they cost a few more bucks than target. Hopefully they all don't change over.

If they do, we'd need to switch to shelving units or what have you.

Cellar Door

Post   » Mon Sep 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Well it would defintely be a pain if they stopped making the 9x9s completely. Hopefully the two boxes I bought will hold me over. I don't plan on getting a lot of pigs. Two will be enough for me and I have more than enough for a cage for them.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:25 am

I am wondering (as I ponder re-doing the cages for the 100th time) if I bought the newer grids and used them for the floor (that the coro sits on top of) and the supports going up the back. I am thinking of a 3 tier high cage, using the bottom two tiers as storage and having all the pigs on the top tier. That way I'd have all my older 9x9 grids for the housing area. Do y'all think that would work?

GP Estates
Supporter in '08

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:54 pm

I checked LNT today for grids but all they had were the mesh type in chrome which are $20 regular price. They had other colors for back to school on sale at one time but didn't have any in stock today to see but I suspect they were mesh type as well.

Boy are we short on options!

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:22 pm

My son just found more of the 9x9 grids at Target in the San Francisco bay area. They're chrome though which costs a little more. He bought a few boxes for potential adopters in case they can't find the good ones.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:37 pm

The chrome hasn't seemed to switch over yet. Maybe because they have a large overstock or they charge more for them?

Cellar Door

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:51 pm

I've noticed that they charge more for chrome, Sus. When they had the white/black/blue 9x9s in stock they were around 14.99(13.99 if on sale) but the chrome ones have always been about 19.99. I think they're like 24.99 now because the black grids I bought went up to 19.99.

rshevin

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:13 pm

One of these days I'd love to have a chrome cage with black coroplast, and it's looking like the world is fast pushing me that way! If I didn't have 3 boxes of white grids already.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:55 pm

I'd trade you for white grids if you were closer.

lisam

Post   » Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:34 pm

One of my adopters ordered two black and chrome cages--one for his place, and one for his girlfriend's. They looked really, really sharp.