Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

rshevin

Post   » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:09 pm

I may drop by Kmart this week after I visit my grandmother. The Big Lots I went to didn't have any cubes unfortunately.

strawberrymentos

Post   » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:00 pm

At Bed, Bath and Beyond, in their storage section, I found several boxes of the safe grids. They only had them in silver. It's called "Stacking Cube Set" from the NeuHome brand, and it was $14.99 for a box of 16 grids and 18 connectors. Enough to make a 4 cube shelf, more than enough to make a 2x4 c&c cage. I bought 2 boxes. BBB also sometimes has 20% off coupons too, to save some money.

Here is a link to order them online. Shipping is only $5.99 for one box of cubes! I think it's a pretty good deal considering how heavy these boxes are.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=13652600

rshevin

Post   » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:44 pm

I went to Kmart today and they had 3 boxes of

GOOD GRIDS!

They are 13.98" square outer dimensions and 1.5" square inner dimensions. Unfortunately there was no price and this being kmart no one to ask. My store had black only. On your mark, get set, GO!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2009 4:01 pm

I actually called our local flea market and found out that there is a sign shop there. The guy told me he would sell me a 4x8 sheet of black coro for 20 bucks. That is a steal! He even said he would cut it for me.

Most places will cut once, but they start charging after the first cut.

I tend to find grids all over the place when stores start selling stuff for college kids. I am lucky that my Target still sells the good grids!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2009 7:37 pm

Seville has a drawing for $50 gift card if you write a review of one of their products https://www.sevilleclassics.com/content.php?pgID=92

Free grids if you win!

gagemini74

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:32 pm

Bed bath and beyond has silver grids for 14.99. It is 16 grids and the look to be the 9x9. I used my 20% off(2) and got 2 of them for 11.99. I ordered 3 and with shipping it was $50. Not bad I thought. Hopefully they will be here soon!!

Link: http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=13652600

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 4:55 pm

cNP, your Target still has good grids???!!!! I need some. Maybe you can grab some for me, run up here this weekend and see my pigs. I'll pay you back when you get here-just bring me the receipt. Those grids are the best.

rshevin

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:59 pm

STF, you probably need to hit up Kmart instead. Did you ever find one nearby?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:01 pm

No. We got nuthin'!

Scarleticia

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:05 pm

I was at my local Kmart and bought three boxes and started building my first C & C cage last weekend -- the cubes seem good but the connectors are not. They're really hard to connect and one snapped in half when I was trying to force it in. I guess if you use zip ties it's fine, but zip ties just don't seem very safe and sturdy to me.... ?

rshevin

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:24 pm

STF, I might can meet you with some grids if you're ever really desperate.

Scarleticia, is this your first cage? I only ask because the first time I built a cage I thought I was going to burn every damn connector I had. They seem SO simple but there's a learning curve to getting them all in there the right way. Slip joint pliers help. I've broken a few of the Target ones too so I'm betting your cage is ok.

DaCourt

Post   » Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:34 pm

None at my KMart either.