Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:35 pm

If you have a Meijer nearby, they have the correct sized grids (9x9), $25 for a 6-cube set. Comes in black or white.
It can be found in the "Hardware" section.

They were out for a while but the store near me recently had a big shipment come in.

luv4cyootpiggies

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:24 pm

Just for anybody in the area (mooresville, NC) at the Super Target, they no longer carry the old grids, unsurprisingly. I double checked all the organize-it boxes, made sure I was not missing any of the old boxes in the isle they were in, and cursed. Apparently this Target had stopped manufactoring them too. Bummer! Argh! So this means I cannot go to the Target whenever I need more grids, which would be more convienent versus ordering off of Wal-mart and waiting for them to arrive in the store (Which I have done and am waiting now for the first box, a pretty purple!). Bed, Bath, and Beyond do not have them either. When I was living in Florida, the Target there had been selling them and I should have bought more than one box (my mom threw them away, I no longer have them). The employees weren't much help regarding the question I asked them "Do you guys no longer manufactor them here?", but I knew they wouldn't know anyways. It looks like it will have to be ordered off of Wal-mart from now on.

As for the remark about cloroplast going up, I have to agree. The only reason I did not have to pay $25 for a sheet of Cloroplast was because the 4x8 would not fit in the SUV so I had to settle for a 4x6 pre-cut sheet, which ended up being $16. However, when I told them the use for the cloroplast, they had no idea why I would want to use it for a guinea pig cage (go figure). Nobody seems to be in this area who has piggies.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:32 pm

Ok do you understand that stuff isn't made at an individual Target store but rather made and purchased in bulk for the entire company at once? No wonder the employees were confused. that's a very strange question to ask someone.

luv4cyootpiggies

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:38 pm

No I did not. Sorry for the wrong question.

Siouxsie

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:03 pm

I just ordered 2 boxes of grids from Walmart online. I chose the free option of ship-to-store. They are a beautiful lavender color and were only $21 each (Not sure if it is a sale for them or clearance, I'll have to double check). The brand is Whitmor. All the grids in the box are the correct size (the safe ones). Ship-to-store is very easy as well. And free.

I also got coroplast from a different source this time. Before I was ordering (they only had white) from Sign-a-Rama and picking it up (gas to get there, at least $1 in quarters for parking, and what a pain in the behind to get the coroplast scored and folded to fit into my little car), a 4 feet x 8 feet sheet was $15. I decided to order online from Harbor Sales (in Maryland) this time. Easy online ordering. I ordered 4 sheets of 4 feet x 8 feet. They were $9 and change each. Shipping was free, the sheets were NOT folded (so the package is huge!), and it arrived the next day!

When you sign up on the Harbor Sales site, they ask for your business name, just make something up - they don't check. And you don't have to put in a federal tax ID number. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:54 pm

That is a GREAT price on the corroplast, Siouxsie!! With free delivery too? I don't know how they can do it!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:57 pm

Can you post a link to the website for that coroplast? I wonder if they'll ship to Atlanta free as well?!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:27 pm

She provided the place. I checked it out but you can't see the prices unless you sign up. Not sure I want to.

I think it is important to know the differences in quality between the thicknesses.

Here you go:

www.harborsales.com

Siouxsie

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:14 am

Sorry, I totally forgot to post the site!

I ordered the 4mm thickness and it looks like the size of all my other pieces of coroplast. I haven't put it against the other ones to really check, but the 4mm is definitely thick enough, it's a nice quality too. I haven't had a chance to set up the new cages yet, we just found a place to put the 8 foot long package LOL.

For the free shipping, I'm guessing it's only in Maryland. They had their own truck, and they are based on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. So, I'm guessing that they just deliver free locally. I honestly don't know (I guess I should have put that in my post, sorry!) Although, we are not on the Eastern Shore (we are on the east side of Baltimore County). But, I didn't talk to anyone, I just did everything online.

Also, on the prices - the more you order the cheaper it is. For example, 1-4 pieces is $9 and change, 5 - 8 pieces is $8 something and so on. I ordered 4 pieces, I really wanted to get 5 or 6 but the husband wasn't convinced that I need that much. Apparently he doesn't realize the size and quantity of cages I am planning on making :)

They do have a 1-800 number for customer service, I tried calling last Saturday before I ordered and didn't get anyone (which I figured I wouldn't) but then I just decided to order (I wasn't sure about the free shipping at first, it really didn't say on the site), but they never charged shipping.

khb1582

Post   » Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:42 pm

Yeah, shipping is not free outside of Maryland. In fact, to TN shipping was over $100 for a 4 by 8 sheet. But they do have some diecuts from coroplast that are cheap and cute. They have house die cuts that could be used to make something. THey also have arrows, starbursts, circles and tombstones. Shipping on them is free or cheap. I could definitely use some of these shapes in my classroom too as well as in my cage.

blahburner

Post   » Sun Jul 26, 2009 11:51 pm

theres this cube that's pink and cute and has 16 panels i think but $25.00

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=4433075

then theres these that has ALOT of panels but i think is mesh
and its $20.00

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... ifications

PLEASE HELP!!!!!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:04 am

If you are building a C&C, you need to get the cubes in the first link.

You can't build a suitable one with the 2nd.