Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Mar 21, 2010 12:02 pm

For those of you who live in the midwest (Illinois, Ohio, Indiana, Michigan, Kentucky) Meijer has just started carrying the 9 grid cubes. They are more expensive at almost $25 but there are "6 cubes" in the box. I stood there and counted them in the picture, then checked out an open box just to make sure.

Oh and they have black, white and gray

lisam

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:17 pm

Check out the Target sale ads for this week. Doesn't it look like the old 9 grids, even on the back?

lisam

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:35 pm

Oops, too late to add this--

http://weeklyad.target.com/target/defau ... entryflash

It's on page 19. It takes forever to load.

Suisan

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:14 pm

Looks like the nine grid to me. I counted them in a couple of places.

I've been able to keep buying the chrome 9 grids at Target all along. (My local Target was in construction for a remodel, so for a while there was limited stock -- I'm not sure about availability during that time.) But the colors were always the assortment of unsafe grids. Maybe the black is now the new chrome?

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:44 pm

It may be a stock photo. They did the same thing last time. Haven't seen the good grids back in the stores.

rshevin

Post   » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:05 pm

It would shock me to see the good grids come back. The new ones not only use less material in manufacturing but also less gas in shipping. I don't think they'll really go back. Kmart is probably our best bet for brick and motar shopping (and BB&B if you're very lucky).

lisam

Post   » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:07 am

You were right, I checked out our Target today and they were the bad grids.

strawberrymentos

Post   » Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:30 pm

Bumping again to say that I've seen the good 9-across grids at Bed Bath and Beyond, they're also available online. I know I posted this before but I wanted to get a link here for anyone who didn't want to go back in this thread.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product ... U=13652600

You get 16 grids and shipping (within the continental US) is only 5.99 if your order is under $25. If you buy two boxes of grids, shipping is only $6.99. Good deal if you can't get any good grids near you.

Kaglaaz

Post   » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:35 pm

Also check rummage and estate sales! I found a blue cube shelf set for just $4 this weekend at an estate sale.

Siouxsie

Post   » Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:40 pm

For anyone in Maryland, I found a bunch of good grids at Bed Bath and Beyond in Towson for $14.99.

momofpigs

Post   » Sun May 02, 2010 9:28 pm

Thanks Mentos, good deal. I order 2 boxes. The wal-mart site has the same thing, but they are 25$ a box. You save on this site for buying 2 boxes :). But what does everyone use for flooring? I am gettin ready for babies.

rshevin

Post   » Sun May 02, 2010 9:37 pm

momofpigs, have you been to www.guineapigcages.com ? We use a material called coroplast (aka coroflute, corex). It's basically like corrugated cardboard but it's plastic. It's relatively inexpensive at $20-30 a sheet, very sturdy, waterproof, and easy to cut and fold into shape. There are good explanations and instructions for floors on the GPC page including exact measurements.