Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:16 pm

Walmart is apparently switching to unsafe 5 square grids now too:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 58#1764558

And their online available safe whitmor grids appear to be on clearance. Maybe they are getting rid of those permanently? Grr. Don't they know we need them to make cages.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Whitmor-Black ... -4/5005199

rshevin

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:05 pm

Now what? That leaves Kmart which are few and far between these days and BB&B which are always out of stock. So that means closet shelving ONLY? Sigh.

GPigsRSweet

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:12 pm

Someone needs to start a new business. Anyone? A 9x9 grid making business? :/ I'm glad I'm not needing grids right now, they're impossible to find locally.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:14 pm

What brand are the ones Kmart carries?

I see Whitmor grids available on other sites. Maybe someone should email them and see if they are intending to change styles. And why it is a bad idea.

jedifreac

Post   » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:29 pm

I saw in the Target catalog that this week, grids are on sale for $14.99. The 9x9s, too. Can anyone confirm?

rshevin

Post   » Mon Aug 30, 2010 7:10 pm

Jedi, they use the old stock photo in the mailers/catalogs even though the in store stock is still the new style. It's been pointed out a few times in various places on the board I think.

goosey1019

Post   » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:32 am

I just bought some of the good 9x9 kind at a Bed, Bath, and Beyond. They only have one color (black) and it's only 4 cubes for $19.99, but it was worth it to me cause my guinea pig is currently in a too small cage. Looks like they sell it in store and online.

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:42 am

YOu can try www.SevilleClassics.com too.

armoftheland

Post   » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:33 pm

If you're in Canada London Drugs sells the 9x9 in white. . :) Thats where I get mine from. They go on sale every month or so for 14.99 CDN

http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/en- ... oductTab=3

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:35 pm

As of yesterday, the Target off Cedar and Cty Rd 42in Apple Valley had 3 boxes of the 9x9 grids, in chrome finish, for $17.99.

Heathersmom65

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 3:14 pm

I bought the new Target grids because that's all I could find without leaving town. I used the B grids for the floor, under the Coroplast. The A grids are lined with hardware cloth (to keep little fingers out of the cage at school...they're real good about honoring the "invisible line" but you never know), which seems to work well so far.

DaCourt

Post   » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:27 pm

I wouldn't risk using the Target grids under any circumstances.

Big Lots had the safe grids in black for $20 a box. These are the bigger boxes that actually make 6 cubes instead of 4.