Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

Kaylee

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:33 am

Ok, just a quick question (didn't want to make a whole new topic).
When you talk about 2x5 cages, do you mean 30 inches x 62 inches? ( = 76 cm x 157 cm?)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:40 am

By 2X5 we mean a cubes and coroplast cage with the sides of 2 grids by 5 grids. A grid is 14 and a half inches, which would make a 2X5 cage: 29 inches by 72.5 inches (73.66 cm X 184.15 cm).

Kaylee

Post   » Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:00 am

Okies, thanks! Then I guess my cage isn't as bad as I first thought. It's a petstore-cage, 60 x 120 cm for two piggies, and I'm working on building some sort of "playground" (for lack of a better word...having English as a second language is a good excuse), which will at least double their space, hopefully more. I wish I could build a c&c-cage, but I can't find the materials in Norway. Importing it from USA or UK would be more than expensive...

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:11 pm

My grids aren't coated. They are from Target, but they are silver/metal with no coating on them. That ok?

rshevin

Post   » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:42 pm

They're actually chrome (or most likely fake chrome and thus coated thinly with "something"). If the spacing is proper, the grids are fine.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:57 am

Thanks rshevin.... not sure why the word chrome didn't come to mind. That is exactly what the darn box said when I purchased them. My mind is mush because of a 7 year old and piggies!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 7:05 pm

GAH! The only place I can find these now is Walmart online and they are 24.88 a box. I have 2 adopters that want me to get the grids for them for a 2x4 cage with bases. No, make that 3 adopters! Anyone have any leads on black grids for less than Walmart?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 7:09 pm

I wish I had a feesable way to send you all grids. I have hundreds of the damn things in storage.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 7:11 pm

I wish you did to! Can't you just wiggle your nose and wish them here?!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 7:14 pm

*wriggle wiggle* Did it work?

rshevin

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 7:48 pm

STF, last I looked I think my Target still had a few boxes of old style black grids. I'll look and I may be able to send them on with Marsha to the pignic if she comes through Birmingham (she may not).

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:04 pm

Is there a way you can use shelving unit cut to size instead ? You may be able to find that more readily.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:14 pm

I could. I'm just trying to make it really easy for my adopters to have an approved cage.

rshevin, *if* you are in Target and happen to see some black grids, please pick them up for me. I'll get them from you one way or another. B'ham isn't that far!

Most of my Target's have sold out. I may have to go on a hunt for them at some of the older stores.

rshevin

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm

I'll definitely start shopping for you. I believe there are 4 Targets somewhat near my house.

Are you also interested in chrome and blue or just black?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:26 pm

Just black. It's easier to use that with any colors in someone's house. And I can get black coroplast easier than any other color. Maybe I can talk this sign guy into a discount since it's for the rescue!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:30 pm

I hear you about making it easier for them. Grids are becoming too much of an issue.

You have to order them online at a higher cost nowadays. Shelving unit is the next best thing.

rshevin

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Oh and shelving is also available in black but I think you have to go to the garage section. I don't know how the price compares.

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 8:46 pm

Do y'all have any pictures of the shelving you're talking about? Is it like ClosetMaid shelving?

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Mon May 04, 2009 9:13 pm

I think I am going to contact the manufacturer of the grids (the ones in Walmart) and see if they can give rescues a deal on the grids.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Mon May 11, 2009 5:23 pm

I was at Target and they have new packaging on their grids. The brand is 're-room organizing' but the grids are the unsafe spacing still unfortunately. It's an orange box now.

293 posts