Warning on new Target grids for C&C cages

PigWooBus

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:13 am

My boyfriend's mom has a costco card!

I have to run some errands tomorrow, so maybe I'll visit Walmart, too, while I'm out. Thanks, rshevin.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:15 am

PigWooBus thanks so much for posting that!

mmercedesmom
Supporter in '09

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:25 am

PigWooBus,
I sent you a private message through the GL mailer.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 1:44 am

Go to the walmart website and search by whitmore storage cubes. It pops up their grids. You choose site to store option.

A few bucks more than Target but you don't have to pay a shipping fee unlike other sites and you just go to the store to pick up.

Guineadaddy

Post   » Sun Aug 31, 2008 11:42 am

I posted this on other questions in the forum also but here it is ..

Seville Classics is the supplier to Costco, Marketed as Creative Cubes, The website is sevilleclassics.com.

They sell the 9 x 9, 1.5 inch squares along with the connectors in a varity of colors.

JensCritterDen
Guinea Pig Market

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:27 pm

I had accidentally bought one of the boxes that had the mixture of grid sizes. I noticed right away that half of the grids wouldn't work, but I didn't notice the size difference on the other half of the grids.

Well this happened luckily when I was home, but I heard some terrible screaming and ran to the pig cage. One of my smaller guys had his head stuck!

My husband had to run and grab the wire cutters and gently cut the grid all around where his head was. He came out safe and sound luckily, but had I not been home things could have been much worse.

This is very scary and dangerous, I sure hope that Target will do the right thing here. I contacted them via email and they just sent me a generic message stating their concern, blah blah blah.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:48 pm

Oh no. Luckily you were there.

TiggerST67

Post   » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:23 am

I got my stacking cubes at Bed Bath and Beyond. I had been looking and could not find the 9 square type. I actually got a great deal on them ($14.99) for a box. The Costco I tried did not have any, I'm not sure if it was an out of stock issue or what. I had built two habitats, and had to go back and get more to build them a playpen. I built 2 2x4 with 1x2 lofts, and a playpen that took 15 panels using 4 boxes. I hope that helps someone.

Cellar Door

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:43 am

I don't plan on getting guinea pigs for another year and a half(putting money away for them just in case vet emergencies arise) but do you think I should purchase the 9 square grids now? They have a few boxes left at the Target near my house. I don't want them to stop making them by the time I get my piggies.

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:53 am

"I don't want them to stop making them by the time I get my piggies."

Target has stopped manufacturing the 9 square grids, so you may want to buy some. You can always use the grids for storage if you end up with too many.

Other stores may still carry them later on; I hope they all do not eventually switch to the new style of grids.

It is great that you are planning ahead. :)

rshevin

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:44 am

Yes! Buy at least 2 boxes. That should be more than enough for the perimeter of your cage. If you ever decide for a big, fancy cage, the new grids are fine for stands and shelves and such.

Then, tell us which Target you went to that still had them so the rest of us can go buy what's left.

Cellar Door

Post   » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:00 am

Alright then I'm going out today to go buy them. I noticed they raised the prices too. They were $13.99 and now they're $19.99 but it's worth it.

The Target I'm going to is located in Millersville, Maryland. It's the closest one to my house. There's also one in Glen Burnie, Maryland that I'm going to check out today also.