Show your cage yet again.

Keezy

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:02 pm

I remember a few tips on cutting pigloos. I think they said to run the pigloo through the dishwasher, or heat the area you want to cut with a hair dryer. That makes the plastic a little more malleable.

I have a question! I have a 3x5 C&C and am planning on adding a 2x3 "loft" type of area. What's the best way to keep the top from sagging? Our ideas so far have been a 1x1 cube pillar, a couple of cubes thrown under the loft, or a plastic tube (like the ones I've seen you guys put in your cages) to act as support. Any other ideas?

Vipergurl88

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:03 pm

Thanks Rshevin, I tried that but I think I need stronger scissors.

I don't use the pigloos in my cage, they're only for floortime. At some point after the new year I will be remodeling the cages and step stools are on my to-get list :) I can't recall seeing any recently, but BiLo and Dollar General are the two places I've seen them. Wishing you luck on your search, and I'll keep an eye out for you.

Everybody's cages are looking great! I really like yours Piggy_Vittles!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:14 pm

Food Lion carries the kiddie step stools year round at least here. Oh and so does Toys~R~Us but theirs are expensive.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:16 pm

I like everyone's cages too. I'm so glad my little one can't see them and become jealous.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:17 pm

Rshevin, Publix carries white ones year round. I think they are slightly more expensive, but they are white so they would match any piggie decorations and are unisex. I think they are $8.99, which is a little expensive for what it is, but is still cheaper than buying them a house from a petstore.

Princess Aurora

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:22 pm

SweetWhisper, I love your cage, well done!

This is our latest set-up, we bought another playpen of 8 parts, each of them of 60 x 60 cms, very nice! So we installed those new grids at the left side where there was a piece of wood before.

And new fleece! The piggies love it!

vanillapooh1979

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:27 pm

Very nice!

rshevin

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:28 pm

The white ones at my Publix were really big? Like I could stand on them? I'll have to look around. There are several in town and they DO have different stuff based in neighborhood.

SweetWhisper

Post   » Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:48 pm

Opps, I didn't think about that plant and him eating it. It is actually plastic. If it were real, it would have probably been brown, lol. I will move the droopy ones up.

Yes, they were report spines. I am thinking that maybe some place like Lowes or Home Depot would have something like that. Maybe in the wall covering area. Like for panels that are covered in wallpaper. Bring a spine with you so you could compare or just to ask if they have anything like that.

Vipergurl88

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:39 pm

Keezy, thank you for the tip on softening the plastic, I dont know how I missed your reply!

Lucky34100

Post   » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:38 pm

Here's my cage in my new apartment. It's a 2x7, nothing too fancy but the pigs like it. Even though it's nothing out of the ordinary from a GLer's point of view, most people who come over are pretty impressed and it's been called "Disneyland for guineas" several times. I hope if any of those people have pigs in the future my cage will inspire them to build their own.

The cage itself is made out of cubes, coroplast, and zip-ties. The litter boxes are jumbo cat litterboxes with the front cut down. I use a bedding called SoftZorb that my local feed store carries. It's like Carefresh only it's much cheaper and is actually dust free. Plus the indivdual pieces are small enough to get picked up by my dustbuster.

A close up picture of my storage boxes:

I ran out of coroplast to make the last box so it's actually just a flap. I wish I had thought of the flap idea sooner because it would have been cheaper then making boxes and it looks the same.

My pigs like floor time, but only if they can come and go as they please. So I have a big ramp that I clip onto their cage after removing a grid.