The Pet Guys...I want to write in...

Laura823

Post   » Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:54 pm

Has anyone seen the TV show "The Pet Guys"? It´s a Canadian show, based in Calgary. It airs on Global on Saturdays. I had never actually watched a whole episode until today. Now that I have seen it, I feel I have to do something.

First of all, the show is sponsored by Hagen, who of course provides all the equipment and products used on the show - many of which are inappropriate. The show also promotes pet stores and pet store products. Their guest "experts" range from pet store employees to breeders.

Today I watched a particularly bad segment on guinea pig care (this is what caught my attention to the show in the first place). I am truly amazed at how much incorrect information they managed to cram into a 5-minute segment of the show! The "expert" who did this segment apparantly own a caviary (I think in Saskatchewan). She recommended a 2 sq ft cage for one guinea pig, pine bedding (not dried), Timothy or alfalfa hay for adult pigs (said either was fine) and added that hay chewing blocks can be substituted for loose hay. She also said that an adult pig needs - get this - a CUP of alfalfa-based pellets a day!

This show is mainly geared towards kids. Kids who, for the most part, probably believe everything those beloved "pet guys" say.

I did not get the address, but I will watch for it and write it down next week. I´ve never written a letter of complaint to a TV show before and am not sure exactly what to say and how to word it. If anyone with experience with this kind of stuff has any tips or anything, I would appreciate it. Also, if anyone has seen this show I would appreciate it if you also want to write in. They tell the audience to feel free to send in comments and feedback...so I´m going to.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Last edited by Laura823 on Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Mar 16, 2002 8:56 pm

Maybe you could post the address here, since other members might be interested in complaining.

Jeff

Post   » Sat Mar 16, 2002 9:18 pm

I know this doesn´t quite fit, and it is from CG, but you may find the Petstore Complaint page helpfull. It can make a customized petstore complaint letter based on common problems. Perhaps some of the wording will help you...
http://www.caviesgalore.com/letters/

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Mar 16, 2002 10:16 pm

I remember Kleenmama´s letters. I thought you set that up pretty well. If someone doesn´t know where to start, it would give them some good ideas and could doubtlessly be adapted to the TV show complaint.

I think there was another show we were complaining about too, one where people were encouraged to "experiment" with having babies. Right.

Dobby
I gave what I could!

Post   » Sun Mar 17, 2002 6:25 pm

Ugh, that´s sickening!
I´ve never seen the show, Laura, but I´ve heard of it when advertisements come on.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1