This Little Piggy Marketplace

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:18 am

Woo-Hoo!! Congrats!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:50 am

Yay!

What I suggest you do is quietly edit your front page with a link to the new site.

What they did was so darn crappy!

Oh, and continue to pursue getting access to your old domain name. The most direct is to change the DNS pointers so it goes to your new site (and in time, people simply use your new name). Use htaccess to rewrite any searches based on your old name to the new one.

If this is all content that can be copied and saves somewhere, always do so in case your new host is a pain.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:30 am

Thanks! Having access to my files (particularly the healthcare page) saved me an enormous amount of work. Big relief.

I'm planning to do that very thing, Lynx. I'm going to go through today and save the remainder of the Blogger pages as HTML pages as an emergency back-up. Once I get the new site up and see that it's running smoothly, I am going to hide all of the content on the old site except the home page, and will put a "We've moved!" thing on there.

Never heard of htaccess, but will look into it. Thanks for the tip!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:53 am

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the new site.

Bugs Mom

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:09 am

I'm so glad this all worked out finally and you can now be back in business!

Crazy4me

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:16 am

Yay, so glad everything worked out; you will be back in business in no time at all!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Jan 20, 2013 11:57 pm

Yes!!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:11 pm

What a relief.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:59 pm

Well, I thought the new site was ready to go, but in testing today I ran into some issues. Every 3rd or 4th time that I load a page, the layout doesn't render properly (everything shifts; background does strange things). I've checked my code and don't see anything obvious that could be causing it, but I could be missing it.

I'd greatly appreciate it if a couple of volunteers could try loading and re-loading pages to see if does anything weird. The new site is here: www.tlpmarketplace.com.

Thanks.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:53 pm

Sorry -- messed up the link by putting a period at the end:

www.tlpmarketplace.com

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:52 pm

I'll go move this. I hate forgetting!

I think your new site looks very cute! And I do love the favicon!

Tracis
Let Sleeping Pigs Lie

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Your new website looks so cheerful and bright, sef!

I just tried your site with both Chrome and IE, and didn't have any problems with any of the pages loading and reloading.