This Little Piggy Marketplace

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:57 am

I wanted to post a note here to let folks know that the "This Little Piggie Marketplace" website is currently down due to an issue with the host, Blogger.

Blogger deleted the site on Christmas Eve; I have initiated the dispute process to have the site reviewed and (hopefully) re-activated.

In the meantime, thanks for your patience. I appreciate all of the support GL has given TLPM over the years, and will let you know how this turns out.

mkkayla
Supporter in '14

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:52 am

Oh no! I hope it is back up soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:56 am

I hope so too! I always considered your site a model of responsible purchasing! (at least, healthy products). Personally, I think Blogger should be giving you an award vs. shutting you down!

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:01 am

I hope TLPM gets back online soon.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:57 pm

Me too!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:28 pm

Thanks, but it's not looking good at this point.

Originally, I was notified by Blogger that my site was in violation of their Terms and Conditions under Spam. I reviewed the T&C, and don't understand how TLPM can be categorized as Spam.

And now, after filing an appeal, I'm being told that being an "affiliate" and/or having content that is largely script-driven (which, as an Amazon.com affiliate, does apply to my site), is a violation of their anti-spam rules. This is NOT mentioned in their T&C document, and it's certainly the first I've ever heard of that in the 6-7 years I've been using Blogger as my web host. Blogger techs actually helped me with my site upgrade this past summer -- why wasn't this "infraction" brought to my attention at that time?

For now, all of my files have been locked and are inaccessible, so I can't even move my site to a new host. I just don't have a good feeling about this. :(

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:58 pm

Have you tried doing a search to find out if this is a recent issue? I must say, I've found numerous sites that are a waste of time that try to get you to click on an amazon link and get funds that way. But your site is so much more! I am sorry it is not looking good.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:23 am

Lynx, I did a search on Blogger's so-called "support" forum last night, and found numerous threads over the past month, with other site owners complaining that their blogs have been deleted due to alleged spamming activity.

Good to know I'm not an isolated case, I guess, but frustrating that I still haven't heard anything back (TLPM has been down for a week, as of today).

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:30 am

I hope it gets resolved soon. Then you can migrate to a WordPress site. ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:27 am

I just hope you can get them to at least restore it for a short time so you can remove whatever organization or info you care to remove. You could copy the code for a quick upload somewhere if you wanted.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:34 pm

Thanks. Based on an email I received a few minutes ago, it sounds like they are in the process of reviewing my site "as we speak." Fingers crossed.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:10 pm

Paws crossed too!