Raising a piggy in India

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:20 am

Dildar, I hope you don't think me rude saying this, but could you perhaps ask your questions in a separate thread?

I'd like to restrict this thread to questions that apply to raising pigs in India.

The questions you have and products/veggies that you use will be different than the people living in India, so the advice you are given may not be helpful to them, and vice versa.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 am

Ag, awesome research! Just be careful, and make sure the Bermuda grass you are buying is actually Bermuda. I had gone to a nursery here in Bangalore, where they were selling Bermuda grass. I took a few leaves of the grass and compared the pictures to various Bermuda grasses on the net, and it was not the same stuff.

Try to see if you can get it in flats, maybe? So you can also grow that yourself, and avoid contaminants or pesticides?

Pooja, 100 kgs may not be so much, if it is split amongst a few users on this forum (provided you have space to keep it, of course). We easily go through 10 kgs a year, and would go through much more if I didn't keep such a close eye on making sure it wasn't slept on or peed on (I have to bring it from the US, so it's too valuable for that!). What company were they offering again? If you are in touch with them, and not hesitant to do business, see if they are interested in carrying Oxbow. I have a form with me for companies interested in distributing Oxbow supplies.

All the best to you and your piggies! Put up some pictures!

I'm sure that pictures of your cages would also be helpful to future piggy owners, in case they need to be creative and use supplies easily available in India.

Dildar1234

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:34 am

k and i know they meant aspen because they showed pine and cedar mixed shavings recomended those and i said no because i have read about rabbits hamsters guinea pigs ect. and all of them said one of them were bad.

Dildar1234

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:36 am

i will show you of a pic i know of that will give you a idea

Dildar1234

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:43 am

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:25 am

Yikes, I'm not sure if you ignored my comment, or just didn't read it?

Also, if you use proper punctuation, it helps a lot. Try to keep your responses in a single post, if possible. You are given 10 minutes to edit each post, in case you forget to mention something.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:08 pm

Yes, please do. Proper capitalization and punctuation makes a world of difference in being able to read your post.

Check out this post, Dildar1234:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewt ... 711#826711

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 3:17 am

Puja, i don't mind calling them and talking to them about the bulk deal if other Indian users are interested as well because 100 kgs for my three piggies will be too much plus the added tension of storage.

The company had told me that if i order 100 kgs, then they will import any company's hay i want. If many people are interested then i can tell them to import the hay to their (other Indians) respective states rather than me sending hay to them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:54 am

Pooja Mehta, it is helpful (your posts will be more readable) if you capitalize I when you are referring to yourself. Thanks.

Pooja Mehta

Post   » Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 pm

Sorry Lynx, completely forget about it, as I was posting in a hurry.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:49 pm

Hmmm no one seemed to show any interest in sharing the order! Did you ever contact the show "Heavy petting"? If not, I'll do it for you.

Do you have those juice or smoothie places nearby you? Such as Booster Jus? They have wheatgrass flats supplied to them by growers, who usually do not use pesticides, and sell at wholesale price. They can also deliver every few days.

If you can go to one of those juice places, I'm sure they can give you the number of the supplier that they use.