What do friends and family think of your piggies?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Mar 22, 2002 10:30 pm

I laughed out loud at that one! A good way to keep her pristine hands off that little fur ball. If you ever notice her softening toward cavies, it might help to mention new owners frequently get peed on by their little charges.

Evangeline

Post   » Sat Mar 23, 2002 10:33 am

Carol-
(old people get silly ideas about things sometimes!)

Ha! Tell me about it! Lynx has been a real pain in the neck, lately!

Sonia

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2002 6:04 am

The richer part of piggie ownership is, how many piggies can en-rich your lives at any one time, and how much pleasure you can get from them...even if people around you don´t understand your passion.

As for employing your Piggies, are they not successful lawn mowers, saving on valuable electricity ? And there is a posible gain to be made by mass marketing their own ´unique´ line of jewellery...you just might have to hide the fact of what the beads are made of, until you´ve earned your fortune !

Peace, Love, and Happiness, Always
Sonia

my2piggies

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2002 10:05 am

we were visiting friends at the weekend and talking about the piggies.

Why do you like guinea pigs they asked
Because they´re cute I replyed
Fair enough - they accepted that as a perfectly valid reason

How do you tell them apart they asked ?!?!?!?!?!
Well one is cream and the other is black and white we explained.
They looked stunned at this information

I left wondering whether or not they realy know what piggies are - oh well

Quite a few people at work either have them of know someone who has them (or rabbits)
I´ve never had derogatory comments from anyone at work, even one of the lads asks me how they are, and then tells me all about the rabbit they´ve adopted.

The worst comments i´ve ever had have come from my dad
I have had people ask how the hamsters are, i just say I don´t know I don´t have any hamsters and wait to see what they say next lol I usually get an apology of some sort when they realise their error.

Laura823

Post   » Sun Mar 24, 2002 11:05 am

Oh mine have been called everything under the sun...and my uncle just can´t get "guinea pigs" down pat...he calls them hamsters all the time. He doesn´t see the difference at all and acts quite surprised when I tell him no, they´re not hamsters..."Oh, aren´t they the same thing?´