Fussy Guinea Pig

rosieandco

Post   » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:24 am

My Guinea Pig Rosie is becomming very fussy. She will only nibble at carrot, snow peas, apple and cucumber, which is the main fresh food we can supply her with. The only fresh food she seems to eat all up is corn silk, lettuce and grass. She tends to Take a few bites out of the other food then leave it lying around her cage. Do you have any suggestions of what I can do?? Also is it ok to feed chick-weed to Guinea Pigs? Thanks :)

pinta

Post   » Thu Mar 21, 2002 4:19 am

Chickweed is fine.

Are you weighing her regularly? I would only be concerned if she is losing weight.

Do make sure she is getting enough vitamin C. About 25mg/kg is a supplemental dose.

lisam

Post   » Thu Mar 21, 2002 10:30 am

My Luke used to act like that when his molars were getting too long.

rosieandco

Post   » Thu Mar 21, 2002 3:15 pm

Ok I´ll check her teeth. No she isn´t loosing weight, I´ll try her on some Parsley she should eat that it has plenty of vitamin C in it doesn´t it?

Laura

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:08 am

Post deleted.
----------------

Laura, you can quote a sentence or two from another site (attributed) but not copy large amounts of information from other forums. Cavies Galore, just like this site, has copyright notices on each page. You can copy and post things like this only if you get written permission from the author of the post or the owner of the site where it was originally posted. Otherwise you are probably in violation of copyright.

Lynx

pigpal

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 12:13 pm

It´s OK to post a link though. Perhaps Laura could type in the URL of the item she wanted to reference and then people could read it on the original site.

I´m sure she only wanted to share something she found useful or interesting.

lisam

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 2:54 pm

CG? Useful and interesting?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 3:27 pm

Pigpal, good point. She posted the long list of fruits, vegetables, etc. that were high in C and all the rest of the info on that post. A link would have been a better idea. I don´t remember who did the original post but I remember it.

pigpal

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:09 pm

It was Lena who did the original Guinea Pig Shopping List. I reference it a lot at Acmepet.

Yes, it is both interesting and useful.

Laura823

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:37 pm

I reference the Shopping Lits post a lot, too. When there´s a post or webpage that says exactly what you want to say, it´s often easier to link to it than to type it all out in your own words, anyway.

10 posts • Page 1 of 1