Show your cage III

lissie

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 12:21 am

If you use gravity feeder, how would you prevent them from eating too much pellets?

lisam

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 12:37 am

You only put in the amount you want them to eat. I use gravity feeders for two of my pairs because they constantly tipped over every other type of food dish I used.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Fri May 21, 2010 6:47 am

Yep, exactly what lisam said. :)

dmppiggie

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 6:01 am

yay! My first C & C cage!

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 8:11 am

Looking great! I love the colors and patterns, and the matching cuddle cup!

Shania_3

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 8:59 am

Great cage, dmppiggie! Your piggies are really cute too. :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 11:16 am

Love your print!

GPigsRSweet

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 1:51 pm

I love those butterflies, I bet it's great at hiding poos! Nice cage.

dmppiggie

Post   » Sun May 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Thanks! I checked on them this morning, and it really smells great in there too--they've been using the "kitchen-potty" and there were no damp spots even though I think my fleece could have used another wash.

The color is great for hiding poops, but I realized that its black and my girls have a lot of white fur, so its almost like I want to attack it with a lint roller!

Charzard03

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 6:14 pm

I've been working on trying to sort out my waterbottle issues, my piggies play with them and drip them everywhere resulting in me having to clean that area twice a day which is alot of wasted bedding. I had heared of people using bricks under the bottles, but my piggies wont drink from them if they are high up so our bottles are quite low and we wouldnt be able to fit a brick under them. We've had some spare roof tiles hanging around for ages now so today i've put one under the bottles, im hoping it'll help like bricks do :3 Im going to test it there for a week and if it helps then i'll keep it there ^-^

Heres what it looks like now
and close up

BeanieBaby11

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 8:52 pm

Good luck! What is in their food bowls?

Charzard03

Post   » Wed May 26, 2010 1:15 pm

Thanks :3 And its their pellet food (Burgess Excel/Supa Guinea) and some clover and grass I picked from the garden