Show your cage III

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:59 pm

I know I showed my cage on Jen's thread, but not here. Sorry if I have! Same cage just decorated differently!

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:25 pm

CodyNPatches, it looks SO good! I love it, totally! Great color coordination. Wish I had one for myself.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks. :) I love your froggies too.

Pikatot

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 pm

NGM- a timer is a great idea too.

Thank you for all of this inspiration, everyone. This thread has been great with helping me build my own C&C cage and decorate it. You could also say that viewing this thread is costing me a lot of money! I couldn't stick with my guinea pigs' old digs after seeing all these palaces.

moonfall

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Once I get a job, I plan on redecorating/expanding my girls' cage. I want to switch from Carefresh to fleece, as it's cheaper and easier to maintain. What they have now is a plain C&C with one pigloo and edible "log." I will probably get rid of the log eventually and get something nicer.

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 pm

I have all the necessities for the permanent cage and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. The most expensive thing I bought was a $25 table on craigslist today.
Fleece and towels are ready to go. All i have to do tomorrow is move some furniture and measure and cut the coroplast. then this time tomorrow, I'll be posting new pictures.

Moonfall, I bought a log hut for my boys a couple of months ago, they both can fit into it, and we can squash it and bend it to make it fit where it needs to go. They sit in it and on it, and they chew it. I also have 3 pieces of 5 in pvc pipe. They love that.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm

That's great Hunybee! Congrats!

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 pm

ok,I stayed up all night measuring and cutting and zip tying everything. I got to give it up to all of you multicage people. I was determined to get it right, and I was getting so frustrated. But I think we got a good first C&C cage finally, complete with a kitchen.
I didn't take into account Nikka's ability to drag litter everywhere. You can see the trail from the kitchen to hut.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 pm

She just thinks she's creating an artful masterpiece. :)

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Here's Nikka on his new perch, giving me the evil eye once again. He's done moving. He wants to be left alone now. Image

zazzified

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Looks great, hunybee! Love the evil eye picture. They lead such difficult lives.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Oops, he's giving ME the evil eye for saying "she". Sorry mister pig sir. It was a typo. ;)