lissie

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:40 pm

Aww. Cute Christmas fleece.

guineapigbillie

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:17 pm

Everybody has such pretty cages :)

moonfall

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:03 pm

I don't have it ready yet, but I bought some multi-colored floral fleece for my cage. Is there any sewing needed, or can I just put the fleece in the cage as soon as I've washed it a few times?

cabaya

Post   » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:14 pm

Yep, you can just lay the piece of fleece on top of the towels and your done. I like to fold it over though so that there are two layers of fleece between the absorbent layer and the pigs.

Charzard03

Post   » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:09 pm

Alot of you guys have been wondering what my hutch looks like, I finally got the images put on disk so here are a few of the pics I took of it, its 3ft x 6ft with 3 floors

Outside Veiw, this has changed a little now, theres now a plank of wood all the way along the bottom of the hutch attatched to ramp like thing so if I do spill sawdust everywhere along the bottom pannel, I can sweep it up easily.

Bottom floor front veiw

Bottom floor side veiw with a bit of the middle floor showing

Bottom floor ariel (sort of) veiw

A closer up bottom floor side veiw

Middle floor

and I unfortunately dont have any of the top floor, 1 because its so hard to photograph and 2 because my dad deleted the only one I have. Its basically a pig sized coridor leading up to a comercial hutch with its doors open which is filled with bedding hay, softwod and is heated :3
I change the items in the hutch around every cleanout so that why some look different :3

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Dec 15, 2009 5:24 am

Tequiza wants to show off her private sleeping berth in her cage. But she says don't tell the other pigs how to get up there. Right now, she's the only one who knows how.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 am

I redid that one. I think maybe this video is better quality than the first one I posted.

Waddles
Party Poop-er

Post   » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:49 am

Tequiza is one smart and agile pig! The sleeping berth looks comfy!

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Dec 15, 2009 3:41 pm

She seems to like it. Counting her, I have had three pigs that have used a berth like that. Well, I had one more that did on rare occasions, but three that used one frequently.

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:46 pm

Suggestions please? I've already been through guineapigcages without finding an answer.

I want to modify my C&C arrangement to make two identically sized cages, one on top of the other. My current set-up is a 2x4.67 cage raised 1 grid above the floor for storage with a sort of L-shaped area as a second level. I want to expand the 2nd level to a full 2x4.67 but need (obviously) to access the lower cage too.

I remember seeing someone's cage set-up that included modified plastic connectors that enabled you to remove the front grids of a lower cage for cleaning purposes. Putting a full grid between the two cages would raise level 2 above where I could easily clean or see it. Does anyone remember these connectors?

(Just for background, my motivation is a big happy boar that someone found out by the garbage near-by. I have a single sow right now and a bonded pair; neutered boar and sow. I have an excellent cavey vet and want to neuter happy Hunk so he can live with my single lady.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:55 pm

First off good vibes for the neuter and the pairing when the time comes.

I'm not sure I know what your actual issue is though. Do you mean it will be harder, because you have overlapped grids or something, to make it the size you have? Sorry I don't recall the modified plastic connectors. Unless it was mine. Once upon a time I cut a plastic connector just past the halfway mark. Meaning I had enough left to fasten with, but the excess on the other side was cut off. Its a dangerous job the way I cut mine in half, but surely there is a safer way.