Show your cage III

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:01 pm

It looks like no one made a new thread when the old one closed?

Anyway, old thread: https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=49211

Lookie who got new fleece. Theme #1 is this tye-died/under water look. I had planned to buy it anyway and then found an entire yard of the stuff in the remnant bin for nearly half off! Yay!

I'm thinking about cutting up that green fleece into 'seaweed' and hanging it up for them to run through but for now it's being used as a bed.

Whole cage:

Look how much the boys care:

The other fleece I bought was a rugby stripe pattern which I love with the gray bed fleece I already had:

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Finally-pictures of rshevin's pigs. :) Is that your avatar pig? I love the fleece. What are you putting hay in? I'm always looking for hay bin ideas!

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:17 pm

I love your fleece! That rippley blue looks like a swimming pool. And how did you get them to do a Weaver-pig? My trio would have shown at least 8 poops within 10 seconds!

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:11 pm

Yes the not-so-little TSW is my avatar pig, Piggy.

The hay is in a wire thing that's supposed to go around a box of kleenex. I got it from Bed, Bath, and Beyond inspired by the person who used the tash can from the same set. I wanted something shorter. It unfortunately doesn't work all that well. I think it's too small to get a head stuck and they eat well but it isn't really any more tidy.

Maisies, that was a FAST shot and you can see there is already a poo. :-) My boys are GOOD poo-ers.

Finaldecember

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 pm

Do you use anything to keep the fleece down on the bottom of the cage? I keep wondering if I'm the only one who ever has the problem of a pig tunneling under the fleece because everyone's cages look so neat and tidy in pictures! Even as I type, Opie is tunneling under his new pink frog fleece. :|

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:28 pm

Rshevin, they are adorable and your cage is so cute.

rshevin

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:29 pm

My Smudgie especially went through a tunneling phase but it seems to have stopped. I do have the huts on 2 corners and a brink on the 3rd (in this layout at least, I move things around). I'm not sure what brought it on or what stopped it.

GuineaPigLover89

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:16 pm

Heres my cage that i just got done with yesterday... took all day to get the cuts on the grids made... UGH!

theamazingbox

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Yeah, I love the single turd.

Froggieflies

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:40 pm

My girls new cage:

Before the girls and their toys:

After I put them and all their stuff in:

geminiwave

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:15 pm

my renovated cage!

I had a 2x3 cube cage before (not sure what that is in feet) Now it is 2x4 and the pigs LOVE it! I tried making a loft but the ramp took up so much space and it created a huge cleaning hassle.

Anyway here is the new one. They have been popcorning and running all over it today.

edit: The trashbags are because I'm having a spot of trouble getting coro right now :-(

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:58 pm

Froggie-Where did you get the purple grids? I like!

Gemini- I have access to coro-just haven't gotten it, I use a scrap of vinyl flooring I bought for $7. Before that I used a sheet of plastic.