Show your cage III

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:50 pm

Nice cage! Funny how they can go under the tv. I love the guitar fleece!

TexCavy

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:17 pm

I LOVE that cage! Especially the TV stand part. :D
You should enter it in that petco contest where we are trying to use the contest to show off C and C cages. So far we have way more pig cages than there are dog and cat houses put together. We need tons more though. We need to FLOOD them with C and C cages.

Here is that thread:
https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=56284

jedifreac

Post   » Thu Mar 25, 2010 11:28 pm

CodynPatches, are there any extra grids left over? You may have to add another support section in the center to make it sturdier?

It makes it harder to store bigger items down below, but it is less wobbly.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:25 am

It is pretty sturdy, I just don't like the fact that it isn't perfect. I found some more good grids in my closet and I have the ones for their play pen. I am going to redo it.

Has anyone had any luck making a 2 grid high cage with no connectors on the entire cage? There would have to be some kind of cross support otherwise the grids will just collapse.

I really don't care about storage underneath. I have a ton of closet space. I just like the pigs up at my level. They like it too. When they are on the floor, I am like a big bad giant walking up to their cage!

caruba
Supporter in '10

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:39 am

jedifreac, is there some elaborate escape plot going on in that picture?! Looks like it to me! Better watch those little piglets ;)

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:58 am

LOL. Wouldn't you worry that the TV would sway if they start popcorning through the pass-through? How perfect, though: if nothing good is on TV, you still have entertainment. :-)

cfoster1966

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 am

LOL They actually run at warp speed through the pass through and the TV is really sturdy up there, I promise. :)

GPT

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:26 pm

I'll have to show everyone my shelf cage when it is finished! :)
Can't wait!

TexCavy

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:53 pm

Yeah, isn't that just a really strong sturdy TV stand that the cage passes through?

cfoster1966

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:53 pm

Yes, it is. :)

Kat

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:42 pm

I agree, caruba, it definitely looks like a "Great Escape" style escapade going on. We briefly considered calling Bumby "Virgil" after the Great Escape character, owing to Bumby's penchance for escaping, and the fact he had to live alone, "in solitary" for two weeks. The name Bumby sort of stuck, though.

Hunybee

Post   » Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:11 pm

CNP, I had the same problem with mysecond level. I have a square 1x1 Inch dowel rod running under the second level. It still gives a little, but 4lbs of pig plus hay isn't going to collapse. It's about 8 inches wider than the cage, but I have it zip tied all across the cage.