Show your cage III

kristina
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Aug 08, 2010 5:28 pm

Thank you for your comments!

I don't really know what the total cost of the cage is but I am guessing that it was quite high - I bought already painted wood borders, PVC-plastic and a lot of tools and screws!

The size of the cage is 160x90 cm. The PVC-plastic are screwed to the inside of the wood borders so that the pigs can't get to them. The bottom and back of the cage is lined with wax table cloth and the edges between the cloth and plastic are sealed with silicone.

The girls have now moved in. They started of hiding in the fleece...

Regiane: Sure, you can use the pictures. Have you seen my boys cage? It is a bed that I made into a cage.

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:16 pm

What a nice idea! And the cage is very beautiful! :)
I will share your idea! Thanks! :)

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sun Aug 08, 2010 6:46 pm

Kristina, I share your ideas (the coffe table cage, the bed cage and your last cage) in the Portuguese forum, in this thread.
Your ideas are inspiring, thanks!

DaCourt

Post   » Sun Aug 08, 2010 7:07 pm

We are down to just 2 pigs, Calvin and Emmet. Due to space and safety issues, they are in a slighting narrower 2x4. I have them on what was my TV stand. The stand was to long for where I needed to put it in the new place. So now it hold the pig cage. I had to put grids on the bottom too because the cage hangs over about 3 inches in back and front. Instead of being a total of 18 squares across, it is 16. They are very happy with it. While we stayed with my sister, they lived in a store cage so this is heaven to them.

I have a small kitchen area with shavings, and the rest is fleece. We sweep the poops daily and spot clean the kitchen as needed. Since I added the kitchen area, they don't make that big of a mess in the rest of the cage.

I will take pictures later. Cage is due for a full cleaning. Courtney and I spent the first half of today at Guineadaddy's place cleaning his 20 cages so I am pooped.

Nemo

Post   » Tue Aug 10, 2010 7:42 pm

If there is anyone in Canada (not sure if the US has this store) looking for C&C cage supplies, Rona has them.

I went there today and I bought a pack of 23 grids for around $30. I also bought a giant sheet of coroplast, they have a lot of different colors, and I figure I will have more than enough.

EARPS Indy
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:33 pm

Kristina, that is an awesome cage. Well done!

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:52 pm

I went back to an L shape from a U shape. Same # of pigs, just better utilization of space.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:06 pm

I feel a migraine coming on just thinking of all the cages you have to clean STFuzzy!!!
*gulp*
How do you do it?

Meanwhile, me heart Mozart! :)

slavetofuzzy
4 the Good of all Pigs

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:09 pm

And those are just MY pigs. The rescue has 3 2x4 cages upstairs and every now and then a 2x3.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:14 pm

And those are just MY pigs. The rescue has 3 2x4 cages upstairs and every now and then a 2x3.
Someone pass me the Tylenol already!!!
I have to admit, I only have 2 cages and I whine about them already.
*embarrassed*

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 3:04 pm

slavetofuzzy, You are truly an amazing person. Next time I clean my cages and get tired, I am gonna think of you and smile. Great job on the cages, and the rescue, and I really do mean that. I know that all of that work can't be an easy task.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Thu Aug 12, 2010 4:38 pm

Wow, STF, that is a true piggy mansion! I love the stack of cozies and what nots on the shelf. :)

Amazing work!