Show your cage III

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:46 am

*waves* Hi Percy!

chataignon

Post   » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:42 am

I thought I'd finally show pictures of my cage. It's a 2x11 with a 1x2 loft. It runs the entire length of my room, so it doesn't all fit in one photo :)

The center part of the cage:

And one photo of the opposite side:

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:05 am

Love your cage, chataignon :)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:04 am

Oh my goodness, I love it chataignon!

chataignon

Post   » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:17 am

Thanks Bytxlaura and New Guinea Mom! I'm hoping to one day swap out the colored grids so that they all match, and I'd like to add some more toys and accessories. And maybe a couple more pigs ;)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:19 am

I think it's excellent! I wish I had room for a set up like that! Way to go, slave! ;o)

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:36 pm

Wow, chataignon that is an awesome set up! How long does it take to clean? I bet the pigs love all that room!

Ok, after blood, sweat, and tears (and zip tie blisters) I finished a new cage. It is finally off the floor. I worked on it for hours and was stupid because I thought I could build it in my living room and move it into my son's room. Um, it wouldn't fit so I took the bottom grids off. Still wouldn't fit so I took the other bottom grids off. This left just a 2x4 with a bottom. When I finally got it in my son's room, I was so tired that I just built the base one grid shorter than I wanted. I like it better this way anyway and my son can see the pigs easily. The cage took so much time because I put zip ties ALL over it!

Let's have a moment of silence for the hundreds of zip ties who lost their lives in the making of the cage pictured below. (They will be recycled :))

It isn't elaborate, but I am very happy with it. I still need coro though so I just shoved the vinyl flooring in there for now. What a pain! I am so tired! I got new pellet bowls tonight for 1.00 a piece.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

CNP, oh so cute!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:40 pm

Thanks. My back is killing me! I love your set up so much!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:41 pm

I love it codyNpatches :)

chataignon

Post   » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:14 am

codyNpatches, my cage does take a while to clean. A couple of hours including the fleece wash time. It's much better though than when we had 3 seperate cages to clean and one had a top (Fred hadn't been neutered yet and we wanted to be sure no accidents could happen)

My favorite thing in the world is to sit on my bed and just watch them run around :) As far as the pigs appreciating the space... of course not! They are spoiled brats.

Your cage is looking great! I like that it is raised off the floor- I wish I could do that for mine just to have some storage space.

WEAVER
one pig at a time.

Post   » Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:30 pm

Everyone's cages look great! I redid my piggies this weekend. Everyone now has jungle animals.

All five cages...

The seperate sets of boys on the top, and the herd under them (five pigs live in the bottom).

And the two girls' cages. (Two pigs on top, three on the bottom)

Next time I post pictures of the piggies' setup they will actually have their own room. I can't wait!