Show your cage III

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:59 pm

I know I showed my cage on Jen's thread, but not here. Sorry if I have! Same cage just decorated differently!

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:25 pm

CodyNPatches, it looks SO good! I love it, totally! Great color coordination. Wish I had one for myself.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Thanks. :) I love your froggies too.

Pikatot

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:38 pm

NGM- a timer is a great idea too.

Thank you for all of this inspiration, everyone. This thread has been great with helping me build my own C&C cage and decorate it. You could also say that viewing this thread is costing me a lot of money! I couldn't stick with my guinea pigs' old digs after seeing all these palaces.

moonfall

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:32 pm

Once I get a job, I plan on redecorating/expanding my girls' cage. I want to switch from Carefresh to fleece, as it's cheaper and easier to maintain. What they have now is a plain C&C with one pigloo and edible "log." I will probably get rid of the log eventually and get something nicer.

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:37 pm

I have all the necessities for the permanent cage and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. The most expensive thing I bought was a $25 table on craigslist today.
Fleece and towels are ready to go. All i have to do tomorrow is move some furniture and measure and cut the coroplast. then this time tomorrow, I'll be posting new pictures.

Moonfall, I bought a log hut for my boys a couple of months ago, they both can fit into it, and we can squash it and bend it to make it fit where it needs to go. They sit in it and on it, and they chew it. I also have 3 pieces of 5 in pvc pipe. They love that.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Nov 07, 2009 9:50 pm

That's great Hunybee! Congrats!

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:10 pm

ok,I stayed up all night measuring and cutting and zip tying everything. I got to give it up to all of you multicage people. I was determined to get it right, and I was getting so frustrated. But I think we got a good first C&C cage finally, complete with a kitchen.
I didn't take into account Nikka's ability to drag litter everywhere. You can see the trail from the kitchen to hut.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:12 pm

She just thinks she's creating an artful masterpiece. :)

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:13 pm

Here's Nikka on his new perch, giving me the evil eye once again. He's done moving. He wants to be left alone now. Image

zazzified

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:14 pm

Looks great, hunybee! Love the evil eye picture. They lead such difficult lives.

TexCavy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:30 pm

Oops, he's giving ME the evil eye for saying "she". Sorry mister pig sir. It was a typo. ;)

Charzard03

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:04 pm

ooh what beautiful fur you have mr nikka!
Lol we have those log things but my specks pig is so big he walks in and then ends up getting it stuck on his back and walks around with it on his back like a snail xD

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:09 pm

lol, That happened with Nikka and one of those "edible logs" This one was more for gerbils or mice. He crawled in and it stayed on his back. He looked like a turtle walking around with that.

BuddyMommy

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:20 pm

Buddy and Foo's cage over the monthes...

cage 1

cage 2

cage 3

cage 4

cage 5

I really like cage 3 and 5. I'm also thinking of adding a 1x2 hay loft to give them something new.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:24 pm

I'm in love with Jasper, Hunybee.

Hunybee

Post   » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:48 pm

Actually Guinea, Jasper used to be my bad pig and a big cry baby. Since Friday, he's been a different pig. That's when we switched cages. I've had one on one conversations with him now that he's happier. I'll keep him for now. :)

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:00 am

BuddyMommy, very very cute!

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:19 am

I need more Jasper Haymoster pics on the random thread. I haven't been frightened in days. You up for it Jasper? ;) He's such a cutie. But I love Nikka's coloring around the nose and face. What is that color?

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:26 am

Wow.. lots of cool news cages. I love all of them..

984 posts