Show your cage III

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:00 am

I wanted to have a ramp down to floor time. My cage is on 2 grids-high stand so I've added a basement bedroom for my boys. The ramp is attached to the floor of the bedroom.

Floor Time:

Ramp without tunnel:

Basement bedroom with bunkbed:

A hole cut in the coroplast on the main floor, leading down to basement bedroom.

Ramp is used as a door, held up by 2 binder clips. One on each side of the ramp.

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:01 am

I like those black tunnel grids and the basement bedroom bunk is super cool. I'd love to sleep there if I was a piggy.

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:04 am

Thanks :) They haven't used it much (at least there were no evidence that they were).

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:09 am

I got some of my pigs to use a pullman berth type bunk by hiding veggie treats at the back of it. Reuben, my avatar pig, used to love his berth. And then Panache did almost as much. Right now I have one growing baby pig who likes to jump into her berth and get the veggie treats I hide, but so far she hasn't gotten comfy and slept there the way Reben and Panache did in theirs.

GuineaPigFun

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:02 am

Very nice ramp, Lissie. :) Also nice, they are all getting along! Good job! :)

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:21 am

Hi GPF, Thanks. I was about to email you the new pictures :)

TexCavy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:55 am

I also wanted to say that I love your lady bug/beetle fleece. I see laods of cute fleece patterns on here and often forget to mention how cute they are. Camo is another one of my faves. Someone had the cutest camo tents I ever saw.

BuddyMommy

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:37 am

Very creative lissie!

Hunybee

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:26 pm

Tex,

Nikka is 99% black, except around his face. He has brown flecks all around his face. In the light, it looks like he sparkles. Image

No more hay monsters for Jasper. We now have a hay loft. But I'll give you a Jasper peeping tom. Image

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:52 pm

lissie, when the ramp is up, do the pigs still have access to the basement? I would be afraid they would get stuck trying to squeeze by the closed up ramp. I like your cage though, I would just be worried about that. My pigs would also eat the carpet on the ramp too.

lissie

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:59 pm

They have access to the basement. They rarely go down to the basement though. They've never eaten the carpet, it's a bath rug. I use it on the ramp from main level to the loft too.
I can add coroplast to block the gap between the wall and the ramp. They're not very advanturous and usually prefer to stay on the main level. Thanks for the warning.

fieryone

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 5:48 pm

Here is our cage for four pigs. It was just redesigned last week to fit along the wall with the bay window. There is now a bunkbed in the corner with the fleece drape

Note the popcorn fleece. Ha!

From the front

From the top

Charzard03

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:09 pm

oooh im loving that cage fiery one! I love how its right by the window, it must've taken you ages to cut the coroplast for that round bit though! I really like the little tents aswell x3

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:18 pm

Very nice cage, Fiery! And a great example of how C&C cages can be adjusted to fit your available space.

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:27 pm

Wow, I am jealous Fieryone!

lissie, I really do love your cage. :)

Feylin

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:33 pm

Fireyone, I am so in love with your cage! That is just great. :)

fieryone

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:35 pm

Thank you, Charzard.

The little missing triangles are my mess-ups in figuring out the angles, but it wasn't as bad cutting it as I thought it would be. When the base was secure I put it on top of the coroplast and drew 6" out in that shape.

zazzified

Post   » Mon Nov 09, 2009 8:52 pm

That is an awesome cage. And all that natural light!

lissie

Post   » Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:00 am

Thanks codyNpatches. I love your cage too. I looks very clean. I like the matching colors.

TexCavy

Post   » Tue Nov 10, 2009 5:20 pm

I like that cage a lot, fieryone, and the popcorn fleece is great.

Jasper and Nikka are both peeping toms, heheh, very cute.

984 posts