Meet Oreo and Crackerjack!

StevieAndFuzz

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:36 am

Well it's been six years since I last posted. Both Fuzz and Spice Girl passed in my friends' care while I was away doing military service. I never got to see them again.

I didn't want to get another pair, because I thought they would just remind me of Fuzz and Spice Girl and make me sad. Last month I got Crackerjack and Oreo.

They were in a pen in the window of an independent pet store next door to an Irish pub where I go to play trivia with my friends. I visited them for a month and wondered if I should get them. Then the store offered them for half price with a cage setup so I made my decision. They appeared to be a bonded pair and I didn't want to see them separated.

They take in surrenders and Oreo and Crackerjack were both bought and surrendered there twice. Both are adult females. At first they thought Crackerjack was pregnant because someone came in and dumped a male guinea in their pen without their knowledge; it turned out that she's just fat.

They sell Ox Bow pellets and timothy hay and they referred me to a good vet for a checkup.

I built them a 3x2 C&C cage. I was a little disappointed that half of the squares in the box had large enough holes for a piggie to stick her head through and I was one short. I overlapped two and zip tied them together.

I'll post better pictures soon.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:15 pm

6 years is a long time! I'm glad these girls found someone who I know will take good care of them. Very difficult to be passed from one home to another. More pictures welcome!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:00 pm

More pictures!

Shanna
Supporter in '19

Post   » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

Adorable!

StevieAndFuzz

Post   » Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:09 am