Help with Lid on C & C

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:34 pm

Can you come and visit and make it for me. :) Please! We suck at c & c cages here...

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:47 pm

B, that's what I had with my original cage. I'm surprised you didn't ask. I have an extra white pantry shelving thingy all you need to do is cut it. I put the two pieces together, and zip tied them together, loosely, and then lip tied the back of the back half of the lid so it wouldn't move. The lip side of the shelving I faced down.

:o) I'm sure you will figure it out.

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:14 pm

ok, bad quality pic but here ya go:

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:15 pm

Now, she wants to eat the hamsters...

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:01 pm

Cute dog, B, even if she is a carnivore!

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks! My yorkies are like WTF? We NEVER try to eat any of your crazy critters so WHY did you have to do THIS?

She is for my 8 year old daughter who is suffering from anxiety at school...my plan is to have her go through training with this dog and eventually do therapy visits at the local children's hospital.

Brenda B

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:25 pm

awww...new dog (Bella) is asleep in front of piggy cage

DaCourt

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:46 pm

Louie has a high prey drive. When we had our cage with a lid, we did the little sub loft. We just laid a flat piece of coro and then towels and fleece. We had a ramp, but they usually just jumped up.

Now we have a stacked 2x4 on a 2 grid high stand. There is no lid on the top as there is no way for Louie to get into it. We have doors that swing open on each level to get into the cage.

Hunybee

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:59 pm

She'll eventually get tired of them. Mine got to the point where the only time they noticed them was when they were fighting or when we got them out of the cage.

Siouxsie

Post   » Sat Nov 28, 2009 11:22 pm

My dog really wanted to eat the piggies when we first adopted her in March. She has now learned manners around them (now if only she could stop jumping on people!).

She knows which ones she can sniff at (most just don't care about her and love to nibble her nose) and which ones she cannot even be around (some are scared of her, I don't blame them). She has learned to not lick them anymore, thank God. Doggie slime! She is a beagle mix so her prey drive is pretty high.

During floor time she is either in another room separated by a doggie gate or being watched very carefully by myself and the husband.

Good luck!!

rshevin

Post   » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:47 am

Oh the half-height loft is REALLY easy. The hardest part is making the little box. I hate making little coroplast boxes! But really it's just a standard 1x2 box with a door cutout although if you have hay/bedding up there you want to make the sides as high as possible. It's sitting on 2 grids that lay on the bottom coro and are zip tied to the surrounding grids.

Anyway, the new lid looks great. Pat on the back to the husband for making the extra trip. It was worth it. I think your pigs will be happy without a loft for a while. It's good to rearrange the cage sometimes.

New Guinea Mom
There is No Cure

Post   » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:19 am

B, it looks fabulous! You guys did a great job! Let's see pictures of Bella sleeping next to those piggies!

It's just all new for her. It will fade in time.