Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:34 pm

So to clean the sac, do you press the boar's testicles and push in kind of? That's the only way I see how to get the sac to expose. I am afraid to harm my piggy with all this penis and sac cleaning. :(

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:44 pm

Not to sound crude but if a boar has too large of testicles, sometimes it makes the sack that gets impacted harder to see. What we do is I have my fiance hold James on his stomach, lifting his back end (which makes things so much easier to see) slightly. Carefully open the sac and see if you can see a blockage, I gently squeeze the sides of the sac where the impaction is to get it to come out, sometimes it takes awhile to get it out because I try to be as slow and careful about it as possible. Did that help any/make any sense? Here are a couple of pictures; note that James has a VERY redundant prepuce, and on a normal cavy that cauliflower-shaped thing would not be there.

Edited to post the picture on my latter post.
Last edited by Cinnabuns Legacy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:52 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:46 pm

Ok, but where do I squeeze the sac? His testicles are right there also. Thanks for your help!

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:51 pm

Hopefully this picture will help some. There is a clear opening, that is where you gently 'open' to see if there is an impaction. Just squeeze gently around where you feel the impaction to ease it out. Squeezing the testicles won't do anything that I know of (except maybe perturb the boar). What I do is reach around where I feel the impaction itself and squeeze gently around the entire thing, ensuring not to get the testicles in there.

This is seen when he's being held on his stomach with the back end being elevated. He hates being held on his back for impaction cleanings so we do it this way.
Last edited by Cinnabuns Legacy on Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:54 pm

Thank you very much. I am going to take a picture of Cosmo's bits to see if I am looking at the right thing. lol His seems to look different some how. Maybe cause he's so young?

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:57 pm

Alright, thank you, that would be very helpful if you could post that. It's kind of embarrassing at first (taking pictures of that and clearing impactions) but it has to be done and quickly becomes routine. If he's smaller, that could be, he also probably doesn't have the redundant prepuce that James does, and it does depend on the way they are being held to clear the impaction (on their back versus on their stomach). I'll see if I can get video of cleaning the impactions at some point with my mother's digital video camera (the regular digital camera doesn't have good video-taking capabilities, my fiance's does but we don't currently have batteries for it and it's a complete battery devourer).

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:06 pm

Ok, here is my guy's bits. Sorry if it's graphic. lol So, this is a boy right? I am so not being rude, but is your boy's penis skin area, just a little saggy? That comes with age His penis is inside the little button of skin at the bottom right? The sac is above that and just not as prominent as your boy's, I guess? And the grease gland is above the sac, on his very lower back? I feel like a 2 year old. Arg! I just can NOT get his little penis to come out. So, I don't get how to open (turn out) the sac to clean it. I push ABOVE the sac? No where near the testicles? I don't see how it would turn it out. Oh boy....I'm sorry!!!

I realize there are tiny bits if carefresh on his rear.

lol, my kid's are absolutely repulsed right now.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:07 pm

That would be so appreciated, thank you hun!

codyNpatches
Supporter in '09 - '10

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:28 pm

That is an awesome/clear picture. Maybe someone can add text to it?

tia2370

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:25 pm

I guess I haven't seen many intact boars up close. My first thought was to get that poor boy an ice pack for the swelling!

On a more serious note, could someone post a penis with smegma still on it so we can see what we should be looking for? Rodney sometimes gets a super smelly white paste looking stuff on his penis.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:31 pm

Tia, are you talking about my boy? He actually looks 100 times bigger "down there" in the pic because it's a major close up AND the way my daughter was holding him, kind of made that area pop out. lol You can hardly see his testicles in real life. ;) He's still young though.

tia2370

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:34 pm

Yes, I was talking about your guy, Sunshine! Rodney had some big ones before he got neutered. I shudder to think how big they would have been by the time he was full grown!