Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

jlthomas79

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 10:26 pm

I just worry with this ever expanding belly that he won't be able to get comfy. Then again resting him up on my belly might just help ha ha. I will try it solo tomorrow night and if I feel like I am torturing them then I will wait for husband to get here.

bafa

Post   » Tue May 25, 2010 11:01 pm

I have a male dog and I have never touched his penis. O_o He licks it all the time..

As for my boars, I regularily check for impactions (disgusting poop & nasty debree build-up). I have to say, some pigs are more prone to it than others. My older boy used to be pretty gross when it came to impactions. It seemed to get worse with age. But I never touch their penis. I also didn't know we are supposed to clean it...

TexCavy

Post   » Wed May 26, 2010 12:11 am

Thanks for the reminder from seeing this thread up top. I need to do "spa day" for my two boars tomorrow during cage cleaning.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed May 26, 2010 1:49 am

Bafa, thank heavens I don't think one really ever needs to. I never foresaw myself having to get this close to animal genitals. I know my family has had dogs that eat their own poop and roll in dead things and we care for ferals that leave half eaten rodents in the driveway, but cleaning/getting even remotely close to animal junk is just an entirely new level of gross, haha.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed May 26, 2010 1:57 am

You'd be amazed at the amount of smegma buildup that can happen to GP boars on their penis. It's gross to clean, but I view it as no worse than when I had to change poopy baby diapers. Even not as bad because it has to be done much less often than baby diapers. Plus I am sure the boars prefer it gone rather than stuck on them when its larger than an almond. And I have encountered several boars that get it that bad. So I always at least check. Course then there are also all the pieces of hay and bedding I have removed from in there. I know its better out than in. ;)