Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

clairey

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:21 am

I lost out cos both my boys have active grease glands. Alan's is downright overactive in my opinion and it really shows because he's white but it's dark. As are his "man-berries". There's no mis-sexing him even without picking him up!

lilbitorange

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:48 am

i dont mean to sound like a noob, but whats a q-tip? Is it the equivilant of a cotton wool bud in england?

clairey

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:52 am

Yes, it's a cotton bud.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:16 pm

Cinnabuns mom, thank you!!! I actually see the right picture. The one you wanted to post. Lovely. Thanks a bunch. I have never felt anything or seen anything, on Cosmo's grease gland either. I hope it stays that way. lol

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:54 pm

You're welcome, I'm seeing the right pictures now too; I guess photobucket just had to straighten things out or something because at first it was the wrong picture showing. I'm going to do my best to get video of impaction cleaning today, I have to have someone record while my fiance holds him and I clear the impaction. My fiance told me to mention that when James has an impaction, you can usually feel something hard around the sac area it's pretty obvious. He also wanted to mention that if you find poops lumped together in the cage that can also be a sign of impaction issues.

As far as penis cleaning, I've had our exotics veterinarian do it. We should probably learn how to do it ourselves but I'm really afraid of hurting him. Seeing how bad James can freak out when we're trying to clean an impaction and with his redundant prepuce, I'm really afraid to try.

AldenM1, so far I've only seen cecal pellets impacted in James, no hay (amazingly) and they're on anti pill fleece so I haven't seen bedding stuck up there. But I will post what we clear out when I can get the video; it should be later today. I hate talking on camera (usually not good with words because I get nervous, hah) but I'm willing to give dialogue instructions to go along with the video in case it might help.
Last edited by Cinnabuns Legacy on Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:56 pm

I'm really starting to think that I've been cleaning stuff out that didn't need to be cleaned. Charleston Chocobutt will REALLY appreciate a video. :)

jedifreac

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:33 pm

In this situation a prepuce = foreskin, right?

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks so much hun! I would truly appreciate that. I am 99% sure Cosmo has no impactions but I would still like to see how to clean the sac, for future reference and to clean out carefresh, hay etc. I too, am so scared to clean his penis. Mind you, I can't even get the thing to come out anyway.

Kaylee

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:51 pm

This thread is cracking me up!
So to clean the sac, do you press the boar's testicles and push in kind of?
I showed this to the boyfriend. He literally backed away from the computer in sympathy-pain!

twitterpopcorn

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:06 pm

Isn't the eject button marked on your piggy. "Press Here" lol. This thread has made me laugh. Glad I only have one boar in our tribe. He had stinky butt, but cleaned him and now he smells better.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Eject button!? LMAO!!!!!!!! Oh man, I love this thread. I agree, they should come labelled. ;)

8ball

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:31 pm

I have to clean Barney's grease gland - his is really active (because he's a big testosterone-ridden love machine!). Normally having a gentle rub with some hibiscrub cleans it up. It builds up like ear wax :o(