Do you really need to clean a piggy's penis?

Charzard03

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:23 pm

Oh those video's are really helpful Brimstone!
Im going to have to clean out my boys sometime soon and i've never done anything like this before so that helped tons! Im thinking its going to be a nightmare getting this done with my boys, there both not the tamest piggies yet as I havent had them very long. Also my parents are easily eww'ed out so im thinking im going to have to find a time when my parents are out. Hehe my cheeky boys arent the most co-operative at the best of times either.
I havent tryed to extract these boys penis's before but with my two previous piggies it was really easy. That was probably just them though considering the problems some people on here are having.
I'll probably get this done sometime next week when my exams are over.
Also how long should I leave it between cleanings if you think this should be a routine?
and is the liquid parrafin something that must be on the Q-tip or is water okay?

clairey

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Brilliant videos, Brimstone. I'm very matter-of-fact when dealing with their butts too. It gets done weekly whether they need it or not so it's routine to them now. They aren't particularly happy about the procedure, but they don't squirm anymore.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:37 pm

Lynx and Brimstone

Is there a way you could add the videos or a link to them to the impaction cleaning page or this thread? This would be easier than searching for them.

This is where I'm talking about.
https://www.guinealynx.info/impaction.html

And Brimstone would you give Lynx permission to add them?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Can do so. I'm guessing that's fine with you, Brimstone? She contributed lots of pics so I'm guessing yes.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 3:40 pm

I am having a hard time finding perfume free mineral oil. Can I use olive oil? I can't remember if it was mentioned on this thread.

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:28 pm

I think I asked that too on another thread and don't think it got answered. I too wonder if Olive oil is fine.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:48 pm

I think it would be acceptable.

Brimstone
For Rocky

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:15 pm

Lynx - of course, feel free to add. Do you want me to email you the original files?

I try to clean my boars' sacs about monthly. I should probably do it more frequently, especially the older boys.
and is the liquid parrafin something that must be on the Q-tip or is water okay?
Water could work, but the liquid paraffin works better for sweeping things out. I imagine it's also soothing and lubricating. As you probably saw on the impaction page, with Rocky we actually syringed water into his sac to rinse it out. His sac was very wrinkled and the water rinse was the best way to make sure it was clean.

I think if you can't find liquid paraffin/mineral oil, plain Vaseline (petroleum jelly) might work. I thought I remembered reading from someone on here once that vegetable oils, like olive oil, aren't good to use because they could become rancid inside the sac.

When you're cleaning the penis, you definitely need to use some sort of lubricating something. Plain water isn't going to do it.

Sunshine_Kenya

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:21 pm

Makes sense about the olive oil. So vaseline then huh?

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Excellent videos Brimstone; thank you for posting them, I couldn't get the digital video camera to work (it all came out extremely dark and fuzzy) to get a video of butt cleaning.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 pm

You could try emailing me a single one and I can see if I can do anything with it. Would be good to have if your host went down.

Halva
Supporter in '10

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Those were really useful, Brimstone. I check Jasper relatively frequently and he's remarkably clean down there. I've never felt the need to go foraging with the q-tip. Am I deluding myself or are there really male piggies who don't need the routine? He's neutered btw.