Introducing Speedwagon!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:40 pm

Does anyone have some advice on babyproofing a C&C cage? I'd love to have Speedwagon move in with Sparky and Blade sooner than later, because he's so lonely. But I have no idea how to easily make their cage safe for him at his current size.

rshevin

Post   » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:47 pm

If you have a standard C&C, you just need to put some cardboard or something between the coro and the grids and make sure he can reach all the water bottles and hay and such.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:09 pm

Plexiglass if you had any would be great too.

Siouxsie

Post   » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:15 pm

With the babies I have now, I just put extra coroplast in between the coroplast tray and the grids. I just made it the same height as the grids as the extra I had laying around just happened to be the exact right size we needed!

I wish I had extra plexi because it would be nice if they could look out and see everything.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:37 pm

Yeah, I just used cardboard to babyproof the cage. My dad bought some plexiglass today, and we'll get around to cutting it and fitting it to the front of the cage.

The three fosters are all getting along well. When I tried introductions last night, things were okay, but Sparky would not stop humping Speedwagon. I wound up separating them for the night because I was afraid Speedwagon would get too worn out. I put them all back together today, and Sparky calmed down pretty quickly. They're all getting along well. In fact, even when I had 2 regular igloos and one jumbo igloo in the cage, all three of them would up cramming themselves into one small igloo! It was too cute.

Siouxsie, which babies do you have now?

Siouxsie

Post   » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:09 pm

I'm so glad they are getting along.

I've got Cricket (mom), Luna, Frisky, and Monkey. Frisky and Monkey are on the site now but Cricket and Luna still need to be spayed. It might be a while because Cricket is stunted and it's tough to get the right weight on her :( It's sad, but her 3 month old baby Monkey is almost the same weight as her.

I've still got them baby proofed because they are all pretty small still, I'm not sure what the right age is that I should take it down, but I'm just going to judge the size of their little heads.

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:02 pm

I'm a little concerned about Speedwagon's growth. When I got him 11 days ago, he weighed 240 grams. He now weighs 263. Comparing that with the growth charts on GL, that seems to be way behind. He never loses weight, but sometimes doesn't put on any, or puts on a few grams at best. He does eat well, but it just seems like he isn't growing. Should I be concerned?

My2Pigs

Post   » Thu Jan 21, 2010 10:31 pm

Mollie? It's Deb. Hey, you can use the same collapsable play yard type things that we use at the adoption meets and place them inside the cage up against the grids. (Naturally, you'd want to secure them for added safety.) When I've had babies here at home, the Marchioro is always the best option -- less hassle.
Speedwagon is adorable! Holding him at the meet, I remember thinking how cute the hair thing was. Enjoy the babies, GP! They're so precious!

3 Little Pigs

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:21 pm

Speedwagon has a new friend . . .

This is Racecar! He's Speedwagon's little brother. Their mom came into the rescue with a litter AND pregnant, so Racecar is the result of her second litter. They're the only two boys out of the total of seven babies their momma has popped out.

Speedwagon also got neutered on Monday, and is now officially up for adoption!

JaneDoe

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Aaaawwww

CavyPrincesses

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:26 pm

That's the cutest thing! The close up shots on the face reminds me of my Starla :) Red eyes, same pattern on the face!

rshevin

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:10 pm

Am I crazy or do Speedwagon's eyes look considerably less red now?