PA Pignic

smtigger100

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:16 pm

Hi,
I am planning a pignic for PA for this year if enough people are interested. It would probably be in a park in New Holland Pa. If anyone is interested, e-mail me and I will keep you posted on the details. thanks.
smtigger@dejazzd.com

Sunny

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:19 pm

I´d be interested smtigger - if only I were in PA. Let me know if you get near Utah.

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Mar 26, 2002 10:23 pm

What part of Utah are you from? I live in Draper. I haven´t run across any "Guinea Pig People" in Utah. Nice!

Sunny

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 9:18 am

Cordelia - you are the first piggie person in Utah I´ve run across too! Glad to meet you. I´m in Sugar House.

Do you know of any Guinea Pig events or "pignics" in this state? It would be fun to know the GP community.

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 6:30 pm

Sunny nice to meet you too!
I am excited that I am not the only pig slave in Utah (I was starting to wonder). I am not aware of any Pignic´s or Pig activities in Utah. Who´s your vet? Ours is Dr. Ross Anderson and the Southeast Valley Veterinary Clinic. For the most part I am impressed, but he is older and sometimes "old school". I would like a second opinion on something for one of my pigs.
How long have you had pigs? Going on 4 years for me.

Sorry to take over the PA Pignic thread. I am just so excited to meet a pig slave in Utah!

Sunny

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 7:50 pm

I feel the same way Cordelia - I thought I was the only one.

I have a very good vet - Laura McLean at East Valley Veterinary Clinic. I like Laura because she used to have pigs herself and knows more about them than other vets I´ve talked to. You can reach her at 467-0661. Oh, and I think she visits the Southeast Valley clinic once a week or so. She is younger, mid-30s. Very nice, easy to talk to.

I have two male, short hair americans guinea pigs, Spot and Fido, who are the love of my life. My family and friends think I´m insane but I don´t care. We´ve had Spot for about a year, and bought him a "baby brother" about 6 months ago.

What about you, what kind/how many pigs do you have?

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:51 pm

We have 3 girls, Sasha, Marcella, and Contessa. Sasha and Marcella are 8 months old, and Contessa is 6 months old. Don´t remember what type/breeds they are considered to be. I´ll have to look it up again.

Long sad story (I´ll shorten it). We had Marco and Cordelia for 3 years. They died within 2 months of each other last October and December. During that time, the 3 girls we currently have entered our lives. Marcella in October, Sasha in November, and Contessa in December. So that is how we arrive at almost 4 years of lfe with guinea pigs.

My life revolves around my pigs. My mother-in-law calls them her grandpigs. My family and friends realize my pig devotion, but dont´ quite understand it. Either way, the pigs know they are my babies. Our vet said he has never seen guinea pigs act so affectionate toward their "slave", he says it is almost lika poodle affection.

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:52 pm

Sunny,

Do you know off-hand if your vet is able to do ultrasounds on guinea pigs?
Last edited by Cordelia on Wed Mar 27, 2002 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sunny

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 8:55 am

I don´t know if Laura does ultrasounds but would be worth a call.

Very cute about your affectionate pigs. Spot is very affectionate but Fido has not quite figured out that I´m not the enemy.

I love that you´re in SLC!!

Hey, can you email me? I´m sure Guinea Lynx isn´t really interested in our Utah talk. My email is sunnybranson@hotmail.com. I have so many questions about where to buy bedding/food, etc. I hate supporting the national pet-store chains.

pigpal

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 12:03 pm

Yay! It´s The Pig Connection! Glad you two found each other.

Cordelia, I´ve noticed you visiting to read and wanted to tell you I´ve always loved the name Cordelia. It´s nice to see you posting!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:30 pm

And it sure sounds like you have some great pigs. My pigs´ affection is limited to sniffing my fingers for food.

Sunny

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 2:48 pm

Oh Lynx, affection from a pig is the best! When I hold Spot on my chest, he will s-t-r-e-t-c-h as long as he can get, then inch his way up under my chin and nuzzle his little head into my neck. God, what a sweety. And sometimes I get "kisses" but that might just be licks - I think he likes the salty taste of my skin.

Lynx, how long have you owned pigs?

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 3:43 pm

Only about 2 and 1/3 years. I learned alot about their care online, though.

Sunny

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 4:10 pm

Well from your avatar, your pigs look pretty darn sweet.

Cordelia
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:18 pm

Sunny,
I will definitley email you! I work for an online firm, so I spend 8 hours a day with the internet.

Pigpal,
thanks, I love the name Cordelia as well. I will probably give the middle name of Cordelia to my first daughter (if and when I have kids). Cordelia was the sweetest pig in the world. Our pigs all have tribute/derivative names--except for Sasha. Marco=Marcella, Cordelia=Contessa, and Sasha came about after Marco died and Marcella was in quarentine. Cordelia was terribly lonely and it broke my heart. So I talked my husband into getting a 3rd pig--so if and when a pig died, the surviving pig would never have to be alone again (yes Sasha was quarantined as well.) 3 weeks of quarentine broke my heart for Cordelia to be alone. Okay, I admit it, I am a softy when it comes to my pigs.

One of these days I will get around to posting pictures and an avatar. I have learned so much from reading these boards!
Last edited by Cordelia on Thu Mar 28, 2002 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LynnK

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:15 pm

ahhhhhhhh ya a piggy connection well I´m going to be starting plans for the Minnestota pignic that will be in June I wish all of you could come.

LynnK

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:20 pm

My Andy and Wickett are like that sunny they are just so loving and of course Amigo owns my fridge!

Sunny

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:21 pm

Being a pig mommy is the best!

LynnK

Post   » Fri Mar 29, 2002 7:22 pm

http://pub25.ezboard.com/fcavymadness76263frm7.showMessage?topicID=2.topic

One of my post on one of our pignics! Let me know if you and Cordelia want to set up a pignic in your state I could give you some pointers!

19 posts • Page 1 of 1