Boars Behaving Badly II

Kat

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:24 am

Oh, Sydspigsmom, that is too funny! Your poor kids! My pigs love to rearrange their furniture! Have you tried putting in two pellet bowls?

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 2:52 am

Sydspigsmom, that is really funny. Cavies can be so sneaky and determined.

I think two of our boys are trying to make me think I'm losing my mind. I thought it was Alistair doing those insanely loud wheeks, but today I saw James doing it (I could see the vibration in his neck), they're such ventriloquists because I don't see their mouths move when they do that. So now I don't know if it's been James this whole time or if they're both doing it. Either way, they are amazingly loud for their size and they do it whenever I reach into the other boys' cage, I reach into the cabinet that their food is kept in, rustle a bag, open the fridge, or move a box that once contained tunnels for them, and sometimes just when I walk by without adoring their boarly selves. I'm not complaining mind you, I just think it's odd that they've started doing this suddenly.

Magellan is getting a real attitude if he doesn't like something now. I took his pellet mash dish out to clean and refill it and he just would not stop chattering his teeth at everything and everyone. Then he got mad at Phantom and they went to polar opposite ends of the cages and flopped down. All was fine again (though they aren't exactly cuddling) when I put the dish back in with some carrot puree (they haven't had carrots in quite some time and they're mad that I'm waiting on my Kleenmama's pellets order so they're not getting their preferred Kleenmama pellets). They've also decided that now is the best time to be picky about pellets in whole or mash form. All they seem to want to eat is salads, and cutting back on that or feeding it all at once hasn't stopped the picky behavior so I've had to increase the amount of veggies they're getting until the Kleenmama's pellets arrive.

Sydspigsmom
Piggy Patron

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:26 pm

We all had a good laugh when we (I) finally figured it all out. We also found out that Spice can only drag the pellet dish straight back, so we started putting it beside the fiddlesticks and he had to stop.

I just love all these "Bad Boar" stories. I think it's so cool how their personalities just come shining through!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 12:31 pm

I posted about this in Charlie's thread, but right now he is sitting in Snicker's favorite spot. And I know I tend to anthropomorphize my animals, but you cannot tell me Charlie doesn't know that he's in Snickers's spot -- he knows, and he's doing it on purpose. And Snickers is alternately being sad and plotting his revenge. They certainly are entertaining!

happiestgirl

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Hehehe Charlie's normally sweet behavior belies his subversive nature ;)

Kat

Post   » Sun Mar 28, 2010 7:54 pm

Unfortunately, both my boys are little escape artists. Usually it's Bumby (the womaniser) who manages to get out, and then goes straight to the girls cage to try and get in.

We've managed to block off Bumby's escape routes now, but the other day I hadn't re-assembled the cage properly after cleaning and Mr Fuzzbucket (the quiet, pensive, snuggly one) snuck out when I was out of the room.

The first I knew that something was up was when the girls started squealing at the top of their lungs. I walked into the room to find Mr Fuzzbucket completely ignoring the girls, just wondering around in his own little world and exploring. He was so adorable that I let him have some impromptu floor time before putting him back.

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:08 pm

cochon- I love your piggy names! I have a Riley, and Jeff is my boyfriend's name, so it was interesting to read your post. *lol*

cochon

Post   » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Ha! That's funny Sidera. I actually met a guy named Riley, and I was like, "Oh, that's my guinea pigs name!" He looked at me like I was nuts and said "uh... cool." It took some self-restraint not to show him a picture :)

The boys are on this really cute snowman-patterned fleece right now, even though that season has passed. They keep pushing everything to one end of the cage and dragging back the fleece. I think they're trying to tell me to do laundry, haha. It was almost halfway back when I got up this morning! This is the only one they pull back, too.

Pimpinpuji

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:54 am

So, my boys tend to react very oddly to the vaccuum cleaner, and get these random bursts of excitement and energy. Yesterday, while I was cleaning their cage, the excitement led to a serious humping session, where they kept circling and mounting it each other, it was so ridiculous!

Afterwards, though, I heard some serious whining and nagging, but decided to leave them alone. When I came back into the room, the hay bowl had been knocked over, and all the hay was lying outside the cage, and they just kept complaining to me as if to say "It wasn't me, I swear, he did it! It's his fault!" UGH!

Ten minutes later I gave a little lemongrass for experimentation (they've never had it before), and instead of eating it, Pinky took each leaf off the pile and tossed it at The Brain.

I threatened to send them to Peru, but they didn't even bat an eye.

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:12 am

cochon- I have out of season snowman fleece too! It is Spike's favorite, so it gets used all year round for him. He's too spoiled. XD

clairey

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:18 am

Alan gave me a quick burst of stank while he was getting his morning loving. He always turns his bum out (apparently in pleasure since he lies down and yawns too) and usually I don't smell it because he's in the cage in front of me and I'm kneeling. Today I leaned over him instead. I won't be doing that again!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:23 am

Hehe Sydspigsmom.

Robin Piggy does that all the time. He even does it while Linus is eating out of a pellet bowl. He grabs it with his little teeth and pulls. it away from Linus, takes a bite, then Linus kicks him off the bowl eats, and then Robin pulls it away again. Eventually one of them gets bored with it and goes to the other food bowl, but they'll do this several times.

Also the other day when I had been late with the hay, I came home to a tipped over Windespirit tunnel, and a tipped over Jen's Custom Craft house. Ovbiously they were complaining about the service.

Also Robin likes to move where the huts, and cuddle saks until they are exactly where he wants them. My husband calls him our designer piggy.