Boars Behaving Badly II

Tuggell

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:20 pm

Last night Tug's toes slipped into Russell's side of the cage when he hopped up to see me, and Russ nibbled his toes untill they got out of his space! What a grouchy guinea pig!

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:30 am

So I was trying to film Charlie doing his two-bites-of-food, two-sips-of-water thing. I ended up with about a minute and a half of that, and it makes me giggle, but it isn't very captivating.

In the process of filming him, however, I happened to catch this. This is fairly typical, even low-key, for their interaction. What do you guys think of the way they're talking to each other?

TexCavy

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:19 pm

That was cute. I think Snickers was announcing that he is top pig and Charlie is saying "Ok, fine with me." Then under his breath he's whispering "weirdo". ;)
Someone has to be top pig, at least in most groups. And I think Charlie is doing fine to stand down. Better to avoid conflict than have what I did when I tried to intro Guinness and Milky. But from that vid, I don't think Charlie is being bullied or anything. If that's what you meant. :)

clairey

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:00 pm

I go with Tex's translation. Charlie certainly isn't intimidated by Snickers' great boarliness, I could sense a "Yeah, whatever" from him and he just kept right on chomping.

Stephen pulls that move on Alan all the time. Mostly, Alan completely ignores him or shoots him a "shut up you moron - look at MY luggage!" look and Stephen slinks away (rumbling very quietly to himself to save his embarrassment). Sometimes Alan will just move away and let Stephen carry on with his am-dram, but woe betide if Stephen follows him or tries a sneaky hump. Then Stephen is reminded he can waggle and rumble all he wants but it doesn't make him the boss of anyone.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:18 pm

Maybe I'd feel better if Charlie stood up for himself a bit more. he doesn't really. he either runs and hides in a litter box, or he freezes and screams bloody murder. I come running in expecting to find shredded Charlie and he's always fine, although he looks peeved. But I've really only seen him tell Snickers to step off once, and it was just a casual nip in Snickers's direction.

Snickers will occasionally push Charlie away from food, especially fresh veggies. Charlie usually walks around to the other side to get at whatever it is. Sometimes this will happen two or three times in a row but eventually Snickers seems to get bored and lets Charlie eat. And he's not losing weight, so I guess he's getting what he needs...

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:22 pm

Linus and Robin do a variation of that. I can practically hear Linus going "Scram." He doesn't care where in the cage Robin goes or what he does as long as he gets out of his way. Robin usually does a little run and then goes back to what he was doing like eating on the other-side of the cage, or decides now is good time for a drink instead.

Linus hasn't humped Robin in months.

Sidera17

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:21 pm

Alden- Charlie's a lover, not a fighter. *lol*

Update on "The War" between Chex and my mom:

MOM: *moves the kitchen island to paint the wall* SI-DE-RA! There is CHEX PEE in the grout!

XDDDDD Chex: 2 Mom: 0

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:25 pm

Me: *digs in drawer in freezer, crinkles a few bags*
Percy: "wheek wheek"
Me: "Oh be quiet. You don't eat bread. You don't even like it!"
Percy: "WHEEEEEEK WHEEK!"
Me: "quiet!"
Percy: "WHEEEEEEET WHEEEEET WHEEEEET!" *so loud his ears flap*
Me: *offers small piece of hot dog bun*
Percy: "sniffs bun, runs, hides in pigloo chittering*
Me: *sigh*

Feylin

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:28 pm

Don't you just love the melodramatic screamers? I have a few that just shriek their little faces off if the dominant pig breathes in their general direction.

Sidera17

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:37 pm

Anybody have any "whiners?" You'll know it if you hear it. Anytime something doesn't go Spike's way when he is out, he starts whining continuously. *lol*

TexCavy

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:53 pm

Panache did the whining when Reilly annoyed her.
Thats funny about the bread GuineaPiggin. I've had the same situation occur, except they snatched it from me and ate it. :) It was whole wheat though at least, and sugar free.

clairey

Post   » Mon May 03, 2010 6:56 pm

Stephen pitches bratty tantrums about nothing much. It's easy for a pig to pass between the under-ramp area and side of cage as a sneaky exit (the ramp can be pushed up a tiny bit), however getting back that way is problematic as there's no leverage to move the ramp. He screams and piggy-swears and digs at the fleece in a furious temper there daily in an effort to make it submit to his will. It exists merely to make his day hell, I think. He reminds me of a teen slamming doors.