Boars Behaving Badly II

JadeMagpie

Post   » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:23 am

I should note that we now have another cage in this room with Mooma and Simon, my newest boars. I am now a 6 boar household. Needless to say, Burr is not happy about them either and refuses to relax for cuddle time.

We usually cuddle on the bed because Dandelion, Burr's buddy, likes to stretch out as a huge flat superlong pancake and fall asleep on my tummy. Burr? He runs to the end of the bed wheeking loudly in a demanding voice "let me at 'em! I'll show them! Now now now!" He sounds so upset!

BorisBC

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 am

Well I too now know what it's like to have six boars! My wife went to pick up one new fella, but fell in love with three instead! Intros didn't go well with the one who was causing issues last time, Hurley, getting stuck into the new ones too. They are now in separate living areas, two to each, which seems to be working, thankfully. We split up floor time as well as they just wouldn't stop jumping each other! It's a shame Hurley is such a pain to the other pigs, as he's quite the charmer the rest of the time!

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Let's start a 6 boar club!! I have six as well, along with 6 girls. And no room for meeee!!

JaneDoe

Post   » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:29 am

It's nice to have a boar again, even though I loved my girls. I love Patapsco's little boar sounds.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:23 pm

6 Boar Club! Yay! I can't believe what I've gotten myself into. I love them so much.

We've been watching this situation for a while - but the other day I noticed Tumbleweed (my long furred Texel - he looks just like Alden's Albert "Special Snowflake" Butterbean) was missing some long hair. Thinking that perhaps he had mites, I checked him regularly. The hair was only shorter, not missing entirely. As time went on, hair would grow back but fur would go missing in other places.

After a while, it became clear what was happening. Black Pig (Walnut) was BARBERING his long-furred cagemate. He had a very specific design. Black Pig has barbered Tumble's entire midsection, making it look as though Tumble is wearing a curly oatmeal colored dress.

Today we finished Black Pig's work and cut the rest of Tumbles hair. He looks much more dignified now.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:12 am

So, we let the boys, minus Spike, out for some exciting floor time. The assumption was that they would be.... Kinder to each other, as they are both almost 4!

Chex sat on the floor, minding his own business, nibbling a delicious papertowel. Riley approached, like a shark gliding across the tile. No big deal, right?

"Certainly, they love each other!". I said to myself. Naively.

It was at this point that Riley randomly head-butted Chex. In the face, much to my dismay. He then walked off. I somehow caught this on camera in a rare "WWE Boar slo-mo sequence.". Behold the rumble.

Also note how Chex went so high into the air that his front paws are no longer on the ground. Riley then "sharked off," the Jaws music undoubtedly playing in his wake. My boys....

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:49 am

I wonder if this is a boar's idea of a wedgie :-)

JaneDoe

Post   » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:47 am

Funny, Lynx. Those are cute piggies, Sidera.

AldenM1
Supporter in '21

Post   » Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:39 am

Oh, poor Chex! That's quite a wallop!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon May 04, 2015 8:58 pm

Not sure if this is the best thread to post on since I have sows, not boars, but my long history of easy introductions has come to an end.

I got Charlotte several months ago but between quarantine and Fluffy’s health problems, I’ve been keeping them apart. I tried my usual casual intros a few weeks ago but they didn’t go well. Charlotte immediately lunged at Fluffy and I’m pretty sure was trying to bite her so I separated them until I could do more formal introductions.

I read through the Live Journal Intro 101 instructions and set up a neutral area on the couch with piles of hay and lettuce. Charlotte munched on lettuce but within five minutes she lunged at Fluffy again. Fluffy was chattering but not doing any dominant behavior. Since Charlotte didn’t appear to be biting, I let the intros continue. Charlotte would back away for five or ten minutes but would repeated come after Fluffy. After about 45 minutes, she lunged again, this time with her teeth so I stopped the intros. Fluffy sustained a small wound on her back.

Maybe my neutral area was too small? I guess I could try again using the dining room. I could also try a buddy bath. Other than that, I’m not sure what to do. Any suggestions?

JaneDoe

Post   » Tue May 05, 2015 1:14 am

I think there is a sows behaving badly thread somewhere...

CavyHeart

Post   » Tue May 05, 2015 3:32 am

Yay, I could be in the 6 Boars Club, too! :-) Although, thank heavens, they're not actually any of them behaving badly. *knocks on wood*