Boars Behaving Badly II

JadeMagpie

Post   » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:33 pm

Poor Dandelion. :( Burr was in a mood. Rumblestrutting 'round my bed the whole time. Caught him doing this at LEAST seven times.

Inappropriate!

Topaz

Post   » Sat Dec 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Oh my goodness. I am laughing. :)

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Sat Dec 03, 2011 6:18 pm

I can't resist. At least they were in bed. :)

Sidera17

Post   » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:31 pm

Hahaha. The fact that it is on a bed seems to make it more inappropriate.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Typical day at my house of boars:

ME: *sitting upstairs resting*
MOM: SI-DE-RA! You need to come downstairs! Chex is on cocaine!!
ME: ..... what?

cochon

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:46 am

Haha. Three posts in and we're already talking about humpin and drugs. Leave it to the boar thread.

My three have been mostly well-behaved after growing out of adolescence. Mostly. The three of them were arguing over one of the pigloos today (why, I don't know, since they have three to choose from). After much chasing, humping, stankin up the place, and DRAMATIC screaming, Jeffery won the pigloo and sat in there happily rumbling for a few minutes.

Boars will always be boars. :)

CavyHeart

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:02 pm

Now all we need is the rock and roll!

Hunybee

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:43 pm

After hearing some gawdawful screaming and whimpering coming from the living room, I just had to post. Normally once the lights are out, it's quiet. Tonight all hell broke loose in there and Rosie says "blood will be drawn tonight and it won't be mine!"

Jasper has chased her all over the cage, trying to hump her any which way he can. When I went in there, he ran her over trying to get away from me, then turned around and tried to hump her again. She ran to a corner and was clicking her teeth at him. She was pissed, and I was afraid of her and I didn't even touch her.

I'm sure she can handle herself, but the whimpering sounds like a wounded child.

I'm innocent, I didn't do nuttin!

WHATEVER!!

Piggywig

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:13 am

Along with boar-stank it appears there is also boar-stack.

Mine do that all the time. Snickers humps his stuffed animal while MoonPie humps Snickers. *sigh*

Smokey and Moose and Smokey and Jester NEVER acted this naughty way! TSK!

Boarstacking!

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:40 pm

GPG has a great picture of boarstacking. It's a few pages back, I think.

Piggywig

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:13 am

I love that picture!

violagirl3

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:30 am

JM-That picture is hilarious.

Neo is driving me insane! Apparently there was some kind of shake up in the cage on Monday (every once in a while Bartleby will decide he doesn't want Neo to be in charge anymore, but he never gets very far because Neo outweighs him be half a pound!). Ever since then, Neo has become a butt dragging, stink spraying, rumbling fool. My house reeks! My personal favorite is when he "multi-tasks." That is my boyfriend's name for it when Neo drags his butt towards Bartleby while flicking his sack, rumbling, and sticking his nose as high in the air as it will go.

JadeMagpie

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:23 pm

Hehehe. I recently adopted another little boy, so maybe I'll get some interesting photographs during introductions. He seems to be a wild one. Eeep!

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:13 pm

My mom found a feather-- a bird feather-- in Chex's cage today. Then she found a small one in Spike's cage.

Barring the notion that my boars had somehow killed a bird, we finally realized it came from the hay..... I really hope there is not a bird carcass buried in there.

But it really looked like Chex ate a bird! XD

punkypiggy

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:09 am

Hi folks! I am a new guine pig owner and keeping an eye for a while on this site so i thought only you can help me solving my problem.

Since one and half months we have a boar who is six months old (piggy) as we told by petshop when we bought it. He was so nervous when we try to hold or pet him. Eventually as we feed him he just got used to us. But i was just uncomfortable to left him alone while going to work. He was sleeping and eating most of his lonely times in his cage. So long story short i got another male (punky) to end his loneliness. Punky was also approximately the same size as Piggy was. But there is one point he was with two females in his former cage before i bought him.

I searched all introductions threads and made the set up properly. There were hay, veggies and also dry food on wide neutral terrority. They walked like five minutes to explore and eat. Then they realized each other and started sniffing. Punky tried some humping on Piggy and as i told he's a nervous boar so he's freaked out. After some rumblestrutting chase had begun. Piggy was squeling while Punky was chasing him like crazy. I think Punky was just trying to get involved, getting close, humping him etc.. When it turned out to be some threads i didn't take it anymore and i seperated them after 15-20 minutes. It was the first intorduction.

First i put Piggy in his old cage and Punky was in his tiny transportation cage. They were side to side. They were able to see and smell each other. Although they couldn't get along well they were curious too. Especially Punky tried to see Piggy a lot by standing up on his feet. When evening comes i set up another lot to make them solve thier hieararchy issues. Rumblestrutting, teethchattering, chasing and also some nipping (Punky nipped Piggy) took place. When they were out and i saw that they were exhausted i cleand every espect of Piggy's cage. I removed igloos.
Then i seperated the cage with a grid from its half. They were excately next door neighbours now. Mostly Piggy was rumblestrutting sometimes except it there was nothing more. I thought Punky was dominating Piggy but it didn't turn out to what i expected.

Last night i gave one more try. There were all the symptoms of dominance behaviour. Wide yawns, neck furs and then Punky cornered Piggy though also Piggy didn't escaped like he does before. So blood has drawn. When they became a ball of fur i threw a towel immediately and took one by one to see if any harm done. I was expecting Piggy got hurt because Punky was more active on him but it was Punky who got hurt. Wound was very little. It looked like two or three pinheads in order.

I decided to give them a bath. Me and my fiance shared them and bathed them one after another. I think they should realize each other but we didn't give them much chance to do it so in bath session. We created another smell free lot and we got the same result after same process. Punky was hurt and this one looks like more a tiny minus sign.

No one wants to be submissive i think. I am worrying about they won't get along. If they can i have plans to make their cage more comfortable with a second story, two seperated beddings etc.. But they are remaining in the same situation that a grid between them.

What can and what should i do? Should i expand the cage anyway with keeping the grid between them? Please help me folks...

By the way so sorry for long post... Thanks already!

punkypiggy

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:10 am

Hi folks! I am a new guine pig owner and keeping an eye for a while on this site so i thought only you can help me solving my problem.

Since one and half months we have a boar who is six months old (piggy) as we told by petshop when we bought it. He was so nervous when we try to hold or pet him. Eventually as we feed him he just got used to us. But i was just uncomfortable to left him alone while going to work. He was sleeping and eating most of his lonely times in his cage. So long story short i got another male (punky) to end his loneliness. Punky was also approximately the same size as Piggy was. But there is one point he was with two females in his former cage before i bought him.

I searched all introductions threads and made the set up properly. There were hay, veggies and also dry food on wide neutral terrority. They walked like five minutes to explore and eat. Then they realized each other and started sniffing. Punky tried some humping on Piggy and as i told he's a nervous boar so he's freaked out. After some rumblestrutting chase had begun. Piggy was squeling while Punky was chasing him like crazy. I think Punky was just trying to get involved, getting close, humping him etc.. When it turned out to be some threads i didn't take it anymore and i seperated them after 15-20 minutes. It was the first intorduction.

First i put Piggy in his old cage and Punky was in his tiny transportation cage. They were side to side. They were able to see and smell each other. Although they couldn't get along well they were curious too. Especially Punky tried to see Piggy a lot by standing up on his feet. When evening comes i set up another lot to make them solve thier hieararchy issues. Rumblestrutting, teethchattering, chasing and also some nipping (Punky nipped Piggy) took place. When they were out and i saw that they were exhausted i cleand every espect of Piggy's cage. I removed igloos.
Then i seperated the cage with a grid from its half. They were excately next door neighbours now. Mostly Piggy was rumblestrutting sometimes except it there was nothing more. I thought Punky was dominating Piggy but it didn't turn out to what i expected.

Last night i gave one more try. There were all the symptoms of dominance behaviour. Wide yawns, neck furs and then Punky cornered Piggy though also Piggy didn't escaped like he does before. So blood has drawn. When they became a ball of fur i threw a towel immediately and took one by one to see if any harm done. I was expecting Piggy got hurt because Punky was more active on him but it was Punky who got hurt. Wound was very little. It looked like two or three pinheads in order.

I decided to give them a bath. Me and my fiance shared them and bathed them one after another. I think they should realize each other but we didn't give them much chance to do it so in bath session. We created another smell free lot and we got the same result after same process. Punky was hurt and this one looks like more a tiny minus sign.

No one wants to be submissive i think. I am worrying about they won't get along. If they can i have plans to make their cage more comfortable with a second story, two seperated beddings etc.. But they are remaining in the same situation that a grid between them.

What can and what should i do? Should i expand the cage anyway with keeping the grid between them? Please help me folks...

By the way so sorry for long post... Thanks already!

punkypiggy

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:52 am

There they are... :/ Dutch red one is Piggy and chasing one is Punky. It was my second try. That time was good and nothing too serious...

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:07 am

How big is their cage?

How long are you leaving them in their neutral area to get familiar with each other?

I didn't understand this sentence: "When it turned out to be some threads i didn't take it anymore and i seperated them after 15-20 minutes."

Have you read www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm? The Introductions section is about halfway down.

punkypiggy

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:16 am

Their cage is 35x70 cm. I know it needs another story. At first intro i left them alone for only 15-20 minutes because i thought things were going to be serious. But consequent tryings were about one hour and more.

And yes, i have read all instructions that i could find.

Sorry for mistaken English if there was any...

Aharona

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:35 pm

From everything I've read here and elsewhere, a 35 cm x 70 cm cage isn't big enough for one piggy, let alone two boars who are fighting for dominance! http://www.guineapigcages.com/index.htm

990 posts