Handfeeding Recipes

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:43 pm

I forgot to update on sef's suggested recipe.
I made two batches of it, I followed the instructions to the T in the first batch, but no takers.
Then I made a second batch, WITHOUT the anise seeds, then Beibei loved it.

I now feed her twice a day, just like before with regular CC with a 1/4 of Oxbow C crushed into it before each feeding.
I think Beibei really likes your recipe and has gained
20-30grams in these 2 weeks.

Beibei has always had a issue with gas, so we never had any luck with pumpkins... :(
But our McMac adored canned pumpkins, so I guess it really depends on the individual guinea pigs.
This recipe easy, could be made ahead, throw it in the freezer and last us a good week.
Thanks again.

Kat

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:44 pm

daisymay - can you tell us what's in Farex?

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:19 am

The ingredients in Farex are as follows: Contains: ground rice, maize flour, soy flour, vitamins (Vitamin C, Niacin, Thiamin), mineral (Iron). It is suppossed to be gluten free
- good source of Iron
- no added sugar or salt
- no added colours or flavours
- source of Thiamin, Niacin and Vitamin C
- milk and lactose free (when prepared with water).
It is the only baby cereal available here in the shops, they have many varieties like apple and pear, museuli, plain rice cereal, fruity museuli to name some. Here is a link about it
http://cincottachemist.com.au/product/1 ... 25g-online
Sorry if this link is inappropiate.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:25 pm

Maize is corn. Yes, sounds gluten free (no wheat). I would go for a recipe with wheat instead.

daisymay
Supporter 2016-2021

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:01 am

There are NO wheat baby cereals here in South Oz, if I went with one I would have to mix the ingredients together as can not buy a pre-made cereal, went to around 8 shops on the weekend with no luck.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:16 pm

I have added a direct link to this thread on the hand feeding page in the pellet section.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:46 am

Thanks, Lynx!

Regiane
Cavy Slave Since '08

Post   » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:12 pm

Can these recipes used to fed a baby (is not nursing)?

TANVI

Post   » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:44 am

Can you suggest me some recipe that doesn't consist of pellets. We don't get pellet here, but we get anise seeds, wheat germs, pumpkin etc here. And the one that i can feed him along with antibiotics.