"Scaredy Cut" Silent Clipper

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Sun Aug 15, 2010 8:45 pm

Wait wait ...
What's up with the "momo should get one" talk...?
What you all trying to say about my girls or my excelled hairstyling skills?

You know, in all seriousness, I think I have realized the key to my uneven haircuts...
I never used a comb..
*cough*

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:54 pm

hee hee

cavyslave8
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:21 pm

Ok, I have pictures but you must all promise to keep the laughter to a minimum. These girls have been through enough. Fi is still pretty peeved about the whole thing.

Here's Fi, keep in mind that I tried out all the attachments on her. She also has 2 huge whirls on her butt giving her an unfortunate look there.

Now Cocoa, she also has a whirl on her behind. I think her cut turned out pretty good for only my second time using them.

cutemomomi
Obey My Authority

Post   » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:35 pm

Waaahahaha...
Fiona looks so undignified, and she knows it ! :p
Good job on them two CS8!

But at least we all know it works great on butt trims right?
*hiding my uncontrollable laughter*

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:36 pm

Cocoa looks great! I bet with some practice you can get some feathering in. Maybe one day noone will know they've had a trim?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:02 pm

I had a chance to try out a Scaredy Cat trimmer and was pretty happy with it. It appears to be sturdy and well-made and the bright pink combs are hard to misplace :-). The blade is sharp and the different sized guide combs definitely give you the ability to do a more "arty" trim, especially if your pig has quite long hair overall. Good for stylish butt trims too!

The rounded tips make it much safer and less pokey (this from someone who unfortunately knows from experience how easy it is to draw blood!). You can also get a little trim scissors with rounded tips too (very handy for close trimming when the combs get in the way).

It takes a little getting used to but I think for someone concerned with safety and who wants to do a more uniform trim, it is helpful.

labrynthlegond

Post   » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:02 pm

Cocoa looks pretty even. I learned that my best friend when trimming my girl's hair is a pair of thinning shears. They lessen the bowl cut look and make the hair sit rounder. I bet with them and the scaredy cut the trim would look awesome.

jacmino

Post   » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:48 pm

Hello, Any one know where i can get one like this in Mexico?

C Cole-Chakotay

Post   » Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:50 pm

I'm sorry but I laughed. I think you did a good job for the first time and will get better with each styling session.

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:19 am

Just as a follow-up on this...I'm still saving up to get one of these handy-dandy devices myself, but in the meantime I have added it to This Little Piggie Marketplace (www.this-little-piggie-marketplace.com).

Cavyslave8 & Lynx -- do you mind if I use your testimonials?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:46 am

You are welcome to. I do think cutting less at a time is helpful. Big chunks of fur/hair don't cut quite as easily.

onetwo

Post   » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:44 pm

My long hair looks like coco except brown and white. He could careless about the noise and the buzzing of the trimmer I use. He hates the poking, lifting and the restraining. He wants to run when he wants to run and if he can't he gets miffed. Haha

It looks like a cool product. How is the product holding up after 6 months? Is it unused in the back of the drawer?