Favourite Foods

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Our love almost any green but their absolute top favorites seem to be cilantro, apple (treat), blueberries (Phantom especially, they used to be one our old girl SleighBelle's top favorites), cucumber, wheatgrass, Kleenmama pellets, red bell pepper. They devour all their vegetables though, so it's hard to say which ones are their most favorites, but the ones they get as treats or in smaller amounts such as cilantro, bell pepper, apple etcetera they seem to go especially crazy for.

Their favorite hay is timothy and they seem especially fond of third cutting (I get it when I can either through Kleenmama's or locally).

deniselovestocha

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:53 am

Nibbles likes Bell peppers, dandelion greens, Cilantro, apples, grass, Lettuce and cucumber

She wont touch parsley, Tomatoes, Oranges, watermelon or strawberries

Patrick likes bell peppers, Dandelion greens, oranges, watermelon, Parsley, Cucumber, grass, apples, Lettuce and Cilantro.

He wont touch tomatoes or strawberries

Mom2teens2cavys

Post   » Fri Sep 02, 2011 7:42 am

Marcel loves Kale. Shadow loves just about everything we give him except tomato

Doodlebugnana

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:22 pm

Our Ozzie goes wild over carrots, cucumber, celery, broccoli and lettuce. He also enjoys various wild weeds when they are young, banana peels and apple skins. When we first got him, we did not know not to feed him very many carrots or broccoli and we had a lot extra in the frig, so he hate pretty much just those and fresh greens and grass from outside. He had 2 carrots and a piece of broccoli every day and never seemed to get gas. We of course have backed him off, now, but never worry about the exact amount either. At first, we were really confused that he would not touch any kind of nut...he hates them! He also dislikes fruit, most of the time, but occasionally gets a hankering for a little nectarine or peach. We hope to get him a playmate, soon, so it will be interesting to see how its tastes differ.[/i]

camende
Supporter 08-09 & 11-13

Post   » Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Everyone here likes lettuce, radicchio, and endive. They all like parsley and cucumbers. The girls like baby carrots but Chip will take one bite and walk away.

THe girls like the dried and fresh corn husks and silk but Chip only likes it fresh.

THey all like strawberries.

Nobody likes squash.

When I trim brussel sprouts for the humans, I usually give them all a little taste. THey all love brussell sprouts in this house.

amanda1982

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:32 pm

My boys really enjoy spinach. Now that I cant get the bags of mixed greens anymore, they are out of season. But I havent seen alot of people mention spinach. Is it a not so healthy choice.

GuineaPiggin

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:47 pm

When we make boiled dinner, I give the boys one small, 1.5", strip of cabbage. They LOVE cabbage! My mom tried to give them each 1 leaf the other day, had to remind her that they only get a little bit every 6 mths or so.

We also like green peppers, carrots, red leaf lettuce, and cilantro.

Oliver will do just about anything for some friseé lettuce; Bubba will stand "on your brick" for red bell pepper; and Percy will let you pick him up and hold him without chattering if you have apple peel.

Then again, all three will do just about anything for some fresh apple peel, especially if it's fresh from the orchard apple peel!

lou1600

Post   » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:15 pm

Mine used to love the white bits and seeds from bell peppers. I can't imagine why. I realized this when I gave them some red pepper which still had a little bit of white bits/seeds attached.

kibele

Post   » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:23 pm

hey...new here, i've had piggies for 3 years now... my girls love grass of course, and yes, they have different tastes, but usually the younger one wants whatever the older one has:)

Shanna
Supporter in '19

Post   » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:27 pm

The Organic Spring Mix greens that I buy for the pigs have beet greens in them. Can pigs eat beet greens? I've been avoiding giving them to them because I don't know. I've looked on the thread and can't find them.

lunarminx

Post   » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:21 pm

http://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/sho ... post254730

It says beet greens only once or twice a month.

lunarminx

Post   » Fri Jun 21, 2013 1:25 pm

Cilantro, carrots, red/green lettuce, apples, pellets, cucumbers, watermelon, pears, green grapes. This is going to get me hollered at(maybe) Dole Fruit&Juice Pinapple bars, they come running when they hear the wrapper and each get a few nibbles.