Post   » Tue Sep 18, 2007 8:17 am

Dr. Heidi Hoefer
Island Exotics Veterinary Care
Birds & Exotics Pets
591 E Jericho Turnpike
Huntington Station NY
631 424 0300
www.heidihoefer.com

Dr. Hoefer is a very caring and thorough vet. I have been taking my guinea pigs to her for over 3 years for various ailments and she has always treated them well. Her and her staff are great people and I would highly recommend them.

Lovemypig

Post   » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:50 pm

South Carolina

Dr. Sue Ann B. Hurlbert
HealthPointe Veterinary Clinic
740 Shoals Road
Duncan, South Carolina 29334
(864) 486-8006

The practice is convenient to both Greenville (just a few miles away from BMW) and Spartanburg.

I went to her when my 4-yr old male was getting worse (ended up going into GI stasis) after being on Bactrim (prescribed by a different vet from a different practice) for 3 days for a UTI. She specializes in exotics and immediately knew what to do (changed and added meds, ordered x-rays). She explained everything to me and would not release him until his GI output was improving. She encouraged me to come visit him, stay as long as I wanted to and answered any and all questions, as silly as they were. She called me on a Sunday to check on him and didn't mind me calling her at home (and I did).

There's another vet there as well, Dr. Lauren Johnson, that took over for one day and she was just as excellent. She also currently owns 2 cavies as her personal pets.

The vet techs were excellent. They all fussed over my pig, didn't mind my tears, and would go outside to get him grass to tempt him into eating.

Excellent and knowledgeable care.

Shanna
Supporter in '19

Post   » Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:22 pm

KENTUCKY
Lexington

Dr. Bianca Zaffarano
Dr. Jennifer Walker
Pennyroyal Small and Exotic Animal Hospital
247 Regency Circle
Lexington, KY 40503

Dr. Zaffarano and Dr. Walker (who owns 2 pigs herself) are highly knowledgeable about guinea pigs. So far, they do what is recommended here on Guinea Lynx. Had I taken my sweetheart, Romeo, to them sooner, he would still be alive. They are incredibly kind and compassionate and truly love guinea pigs and questions and concerns are not a bother to them. They cried with me at the loss of Romeo.

Leb
Supporter in '08

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:14 pm

NEW YORK LONG ISLAND
SUFFOLK COUNTY

Dr. Heidi L. Hoefner
591 East Jericho Turnpike
Huntington, NY 11746 (631) 424-0300
www.islandexoticvetcare.com
practice limited to birds & exotic animals

Dr. Hoefner is so nice as is her staff. They really care about the animals, love, hug, and kiss them. She has available hours, even late ones all the way to 8pm some nights. Also she is average prices, not over the top like some other doctors I have been to. Also she does not see cats or dogs which is great because she specializes in small exotic animals (birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, ferrets, reptiles....).

quoda

Post   » Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:23 pm

MISSOURI
St. Louis area

Dr. Raelynn Kemp
12550 Olive Blvd
Saint Louis, Mo 63141
(314) 434 4300

http://www.crevecoeurvets.com/

Dr. Kemp did an extremely thorough and helpful wellness check when I switched vets. She is currently treating Yan for his most recent ear infection. She explains everything to me as we go along and keeps up with current research on possible successful treatments. She also has a real compassion for animals! She's fantastic.

eacostner

Post   » Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:08 pm

GEORGIA

Atlanta area

Dr. Susan Leck
Mountain Park Animal Hospital
5324 Five Forks Trickum Road, S.W.
Lilburn, GA 30047
770-921-2965
www.mpah.net

She has moved from the Roswell, GA area to an area east of Atlanta. She is a fabulous vet previously recommended by Etta Mae in 2003.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:01 pm

IMPORTANT:

I've just added another option (which I RECOMMEND USING) for recommending a veterinarian.

See this page:

{no longer used}

Click on a link. If a page does not exist, you can create it.
You must create an account in the GLX-Files to add a recommendation. eacostner, I created a Georgia page and added your recommendation.

You all can also use html to format your entries. < hr > will create a line across: < br > will create a break (remove spaces for these tags to work).

Good luck!!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:12 am

More information:

I spent an hour transferring the veterinary recommendations on the vetlist page to the GLX-Files.

So if you go to that veterinarian page and click on a state, you can see the vets that were originally on the vetlist page.

I have only transferred files for the US. I need a formulae to do so for Canada (should we use:
Veterinarians Canada Toronto
for example?

Anyway, I encourage all of you from now on to add your recommendations NOT to this thread, but instead to the GLX-Files where your recommendations can be much more easily found and used by people in your state.

Old vetlist page:
www.guinealynx.info/vetlist.html

{no longer used}

Note, the list I used was last updated 7/17/06 so there are vets on this list not yet added to the GLX-Files.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:59 am

Will I add the UK vet info to this GLX one or have it all together in a new one, similar to this UK vet thread?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:23 pm

Okay, what I've done is transfer all the veterinarian listings to the GLX-Files.

I created a page for Scotland and England.

Please feel free to add to that page.

If you want a special glxfiles page that you want to be the only one to edit, you could come up with a good glxfiles name
(say, Webs Veterinarians Scotland) and you could just do it the way you wanted.

The items I moved, include commentary. If that doesn't suit you, try something else for your listings (like the suggestion I recommended).

I'm going to unstick this and make a new sticky directing people to use the glxfiles.

somechick

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:11 pm

Lynx, I see that my vet's practice along with other docs names - but not my personal vet - is listed. Can I add her or should I leave it be?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:56 pm

You are more than welcome to add a separate listing with your vet's name and some positive feedback. If you go to the sticky, you can use that as a template for posting (can refer to the location "above" if you post below).