Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2003 8:09 am

COLORADO - Aurora, Parker, Littleton/Englewood

[wheeky8 offered this information on another thread]

Smoky Hill Veterinary Clinic
Dr. Esposito D.V.M.
15600 E Smoky Hill Rd
Aurora, CO
(303) 693-2020

Notes: Affordable neuters. Main vet for Cavy Care Inc. in Aurora. Excellent references.
May be worth the long drivefrom CO. Springs

Animal Emergency & Urgent Care of Parker
10417 S. Parker Rd.
Parker, CO 80134
Phone: 720-842-5050
Fax: 720-842-5060

24 hour clinic
Backup for Dr. Esposito at Smoky Hill
Closer to CO Springs, may be a viable option

Homestead Animal Hospital
Dr. Jerry LaBonde D.V.M.
6900 S. Holly Circle
Englewood, CO 80112
303-771-7350
303-290-8233

Notes: Experienced exotics surgeon.

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Wed Nov 26, 2003 2:29 pm

TEXAS
Houston

Inner Loop area

Dr. Natalie Antinoff, DVM
Gulf Coast Avian and Exotics
1111 West Loop South
Houston, TX 77027
713-693-1111

I was referred to her by my (previous) primary vet when St.John had a bladder stone. She is considered by vets to be one of (if not the) best cavy vets in the greater Houston area. But be forewarned. Gulf Coast is a large animal hospital with the latest equipment/procedures, and their prices reflect that. They charge about twice as much for basic procedures, and surgeries will run you 3-4 times as much. However, they do have dedicated anesthesiologists and animal nurses who stay with your pet through recovery. If you can afford them, you can rest assured that your pig will be in very good hands.

-------------------------------------

Northeast Houston area

Dr. Christopher Monarski, DVM
Dr. Beverly Wilkinson, DVM
Animal Hospital of New Caney
20334 US Hwy 59
New Caney, TX 77357
281-399-9977

They have become my new primary vets. I haven't yet had to really test their skills, but my previous experiences with them (checkups and a tooth extraction) lead me to believe they are quite knowledgeable about cavies and can be trusted. I would go to them with a serious problem as quickly as I would go to Gulf Coast.

They and their staff are very open and caring when dealing with the patients and owners, and their prices are quite reasonable.

rachmcg13

Post   » Thu Dec 18, 2003 4:49 pm

INDIANA -- Lafayette

Dr. Julie Becker, DVM
Tippecanoe County Animal Hospital
3818 SR 38E
Lafayette, IN 47905
765-447-5088

Dr. Alexander Wolf, DVM
Avian & Exotic Animal Clinic
415 N. Earl Ave.
Lafayette, IN 47904
765-446-1816

I have personal experience with both. My primary vet is Dr. Becker. I did have an emergency and was sent to Dr. Wolf. Both have done numerous surgeries on guinea pigs (stone removals and neuters). Dr. Becker also takes in sick/injured/unwanted guinea pigs. If anyone in the Lafayette area would like to adopt a healthy guinea pig, please contact her.

deborah
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Tue Jan 27, 2004 11:38 am

LONDON - South

Anne Taylor BVetMed MRCVS
O'Meara Veterinary Surgeries at:

North Lodge
150 Kingston Road
Ewell
Surrey
KT17 2ET
Tel: 020 8393 6049

6 Tattenham Crescent
Epsom Downs
Surrey
KT18 5QG
tel: 01737 359929

438 Hook Road
Chessington
SurreyKT9 1NA
tel: 020 8397 1776

170a High Street
Banstead
Surrey
SM7 2NZ
tel: 01737 210011

Anne is particularly interested in the treatment of guinea pigs and will examine/clip molars without anaesthetic.

CAMBRIDGE

Cambridge Cavy Trust
Leewood Business Park
Upton
Huntingdon
Cambs
PE28 5YQ
tel: 01406 350571

This is a registered charity and it costs £20 a year to join. They did, however, offer me telephone advice and an appointment for an emergency before I joined. Members have 24 emergency contact (text Vedra 07721 026401 - she will call you or tell you to call her back and she will pick up). They will also give non-members the name and address of the nearest Cavy experienced vet, or rodentologist to you.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sun Feb 01, 2004 12:07 am

CALIFORNIA-- Long Beach

Dr Ridgeway
3816 E. Anaheim St.
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 434-9966

He is OCCH's primary vet. He has helped us thru a lot and he really is one of the most competent cavy vets in SoCal.

LynnK

Post   » Wed Feb 18, 2004 3:03 pm

MINNESOTA
Blaine
I highly reccomend this Doctor he saw my Chewie, he had a horrible infection in his eye that this Doctor did a great job of treating and he was so very gentle and kind with my boy!

Lynn K and Sensational Seven

Midwest Veterinary Specialty Group, PLLC

Dr. Robert D. Larocca, DVM
11859 Aberdeen Street NE
Blaine, MN 55449

(763)754-5000
Fax(763)754-6002

Wilber

Post   » Thu Mar 11, 2004 9:22 pm

PENNSYLVANIA
Philadelphia

Dr. Brett J. Geffen
Boulevard Animal Hospital
1913 Grant Avenue Philadelphia, PA
215-969-1050

Very friendly, helpful, enthusiastic, and educated doctors and staff. Very knowledgable with pigs and exotics. Helped Piggy when she had a cyst. Highly recommended!

ottosmom

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 10:14 am

CALIFORNIA
Sacramento Area

Madison Avenue Veterinary Clinic, Inc.
Dr. Marianne Brick, Dr. Richard Slevin
8520 Madison Ave.
Fair Oaks, CA 95628
(916) 961-1541

They speciliaze in exotics. Very cavy-knowledgeable vets, friendly and easy to talk with. If you have a concern, you can call the office and speak with the vet directly. The office staff is great too. You can always get a same-day appointment if needed. They sell Oxbow products and Carefresh. They treat local Petco exotics.
They also treat ferrets, chinchillas, rats, mice, hamsters, gerbils, prairie dogs, hedgehogs, sugar gliders, birds (exotic and poultry), reptiles, amphibians, rabbits, dogs and cats.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:45 am

MISSOURI - Kansas City area

Belton Animal Clinic
511 Main Street
Belton, Mo. 64012
(816) 331-3120

Teresa Bradley, DVM

I found Teresa at http://www.weecritters.com/vetscorner.html and couldn't be more pleased.
All (?)animals are seen at this clinic with different Dr.'s, T.Bradely is the Exotics to I refure here.
Only the basic exams have been needed so far with the exception of a neutering which lazer neutering/spaying is available, and I was glad to have gone that way as I have seen dogs suffer weeks with traditional stitches I didn't want that with my precious piggy. The lazer neutering was cleaner, easy to care for (I was going on Teresa's word that has 4 piggies herself) and less painful.
Her 'rates' are fair although higher then some I've seen posted but I'd rater pay a fair price and know my 'family' are taken very well care of.
Another note - Teresa Bradely is also known and said to be one of the best in her field and is commonly called upon by other vet/Doctors. I found this reasurring personally.

Merrill

Post   » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Virginia-Metropolitan DC Area

Name: Scott J. Stahl, DVM, DABVP
Address: 111-A Center St., South
Vienna, VA 22180
City: Vienna
Phone Number: 703-281-3750

Personal experience:

He treats only exotics, no dogs or cats. I have never had him preform surgery on my guinea pig, but he put Ruthie under Anesthesia to have her teeth trimmed and did a fabulous job of trimming her teeth and taking care of her.

The technicians are wonderful and extremely nice, as well as knowledgable. The building is very clean and they sell Oxbow Products, such as Cavy Cuisine & Timothy Hay.

He also proscribed some wonderful medicines that worked extremely well, including Baytril and Mechlyzine (I don't think I spelled that correctly) to help with Ruthie's head tilt and ear infection.

He has done a fabulous job treating her and she is getting better and better every day. He is also extremely friendly as well as knowledgable about cavies and has treated several. So I highly reccomend him :)

angelshelper81

Post   » Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:29 pm

NEW JERSEY - South
Atlantic City Area

Dr Newkirk

http://www.alternativevet.com/home/index.html

He's passable, treats all kinds of animals and seems to know what he's doing. I trust him, though I trust the medical advice here more. There usualy isn't a problem, though, since his advice has always matched except when he thought that Dave 'couldn't' have a heart issue because of his age.

pig mom

Post   » Fri May 07, 2004 4:45 pm

VIRGINIA - Metropolitan DC Area

Name: David A. Crum, DVM
Address: 111-A Center St., South
City: Vienna, VA 22180

Phone Number: 703-281-3750
www.seavs.com

I agree with Merrill--Dr. Crum is terrific! He trimmed Teddy's teeth several times and is very knowledgeable. He's even familiar with the Chin-Sling. When Teddy died recently, Dr. Crum called me and sent a nice condolence card.